The Campus Recreation Center offers several drop-in opportunities for swimming and swimming-related services.
The pool is shared by Athletics, the School of Sport and Exercise Science (SES) and Campus Recreation and is open to campus recreation patrons during open swim hours.
For Campus Recreation patrons the pool is available through the locker rooms. Athletics and SES classes must enter via the Butler-Hancock building.
The pool rules are strictly enforced during open swim hours by Campus Recreation staff and lifeguards. Violations of rules may result in expulsion of the pool.
- Recreational swimming is available only during open swim hours and when a lifeguard is on duty
- Patrons must rinse off before entering the pool
- Swimsuits must be worn at all times
- Children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants and toddlers must have proper swim attire over a swim diaper
- No diving into the lap pool
- No using diving block
- No running, shoving, pushing or horseplay
- No hanging on lane lines
- No spitting in the pool
- No food or glass bottles in the pool area
- No foul language
- Individuals cannot swim underwater without breathing past the second set of flags
Open Swim Hours
Operating on normal schedule.
Monday - Friday
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
Lifeguards reserve the right to adjust pool and diving well rules at their discretion
Diving Well Rules
- Patrons must be able to swim 24 yards and tread water for two minutes to use the diving well
- When only one lifeguard is present the diving well is closed
- Patrons are only permitted to use the 1-meter diving board
- Only one bounce per jump is allowed
- Patrons must jump straight of the board
- No hanging on the diving board
- No inverted dives permitted
- 1 person on the board at a time