Blue Cruiser Bike Rentals
Outdoor Pursuits is excited to provide a free campus bike program to offer an affordable and environmentally sustainable form of transportation to students.
This program strives to provide an alternative to driving and promote Bear Pride on campus. Campus Recreation has a fleet of 100 cruiser bicycles that come come with a helmet, lock and front-mounted basket.
Bike Repair Stands
UNC Campus Recreation has installed bike repair stands across campus along the main bike path. On each stand there is a set of tools and an air pump.
- West side of North Hall
- West side of Ross Hall
- West side of the University Center
- West side of Tobey-Kendall Hall
- Bus stop by Gunter Hall (on 10th street)
Ready to Ride?
Just follow these 4 easy steps:
- Rent: Visit the Gear Shop to present your UNC ID and check out a free bicycle
- Ride: Travel across campus in-style! Park your bike at campus bike racks.
- Return: Return the bicycle to the Campus Recreation Center within one week so we can complete necessary maintenance
- Repeat: If you want you can check-out a new bike upon the return of the current one (depending on availability)
Policies and Regulations
- Must be enrolled or employed at UNC
- UNC ID card required at time of check-out
- Rentals limited to 7 days
- All bikes must be returned by the last day of classes (for the current semester)
- $20/day late fee applied for each day a bike not returned
- Bikes must remain on campus
- Bikes must be locked when not in use
- You are responsible for bicycle and accessories during rental period
- You are subject to repair or replacement fees due to negligence or misuse
- Campus Recreation/Outdoor Pursuits is not responsible for injuries sustained while using a bicycle
- Obey all traffic laws dictated by UNC Parking Services and the City of Greeley.