Blue Cruiser and Commuter Bike Rentals
Outdoor Pursuits is excited to provide a free campus bike program to offer an affordable and environmentally sustainable form of transportation to students.
This program strives to provide an alternative to driving and promotes Bear Pride on campus! Outdoor Pursuits has a fleet of 100 cruiser and commuter bicycles that come with a helmet, lock and front-mounted basket. Cruise bikes have a pedal brake and commuter bikes have a hand brake.
Bike Repair Stands
UNC Campus Recreation has installed bike repair stands across campus along the main bike path. On each stand there is a set of tools and an air pump.
- West side of North Hall
- West side of Ross Hall
- West side of the University Center
- West side of Tobey-Kendall Hall
- Bus stop by Gunter Hall (on 10th street)
Ready to Ride?
Just follow these 4 easy steps:
1. Request: Complete this Bike Rental Request
2. Rent: Visit the Gear Shop to present your UNC ID and check out a free bicycle.
3. Ride: Travel across campus in-style! Park your bike at campus bike racks.
4. Return: Return the bicycle to Outdoor Pursuits during Finals Week.
Policies and Regulations
- Must be enrolled or employed at UNC
- UNC ID card required at time of check-out
- All bikes must be returned by the last day of classes (for the current semester)
- Bikes must be locked properly when not in use
- $20 repossession fee for bikes found unlocked
- You are financial responsible for the bike while it is rented in your name
- You are subject to repair or replacement fees due to negligence or misuse
- Campus Recreation/Outdoor Pursuits is not responsible for injuries sustained while using a bicycle
- Obey all traffic laws dictated by UNC Parking Services and the City of Greeley.