Massage Therapy offers many great benefits including (but not limited to): stress/pain relief, fatigue reduction, muscle recovery, improved circulation and increased energy. The licensed massage therapist is capable of providing a variety of massage therapy options depending on your needs.
Massage Therapy is available to all of the UNC Community and there is a range of options and packages to fit your needs. To learn more, visit the Front Desk or the see below.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
- Decrease stress, depression and anxiety
- Increase in energy
- Reduce fatigue
- Enhance quality of sleep
- Alleviate low-back pain
- Improve range of motion
- Enhance immunity through stimulating lymph flow
- Increase join flexibility
- Improve circulation
- Relieve migraine pain
- Promote tissue regeneration
- Improve concentration
STEPS TO “MASSAGE THERAPY”
- To schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will initiate communication with the massage therapist. No fees are exchanged yet. You will not pay anything until you decide on the option and pricing plan that best fits your needs.
- Submit a Health Form and an Informed Consent Form to the massage therapist (email@example.com) or bring with you to your first session.
- Purchase the Massage Sessions that best suit your needs. Please view the options listed below in the Services and Rates section. You can pay with Cash, Check, Credit Card or Payroll Deduction/Student Billing at the Front Desk with the massage therapist.
- Sessions will begin at the agreed-upon times and days. Late arrivals will not extend
your session time. And, unexcused absences will be deducted as completed sessions.
- Communication expectations between client and massage therapist will be established prior to your first session. Please be courteous with each other’s time.
- To maximize your session time with the massage therapist, please arrive a few minutes early to change and prepare.
- The massage therapist will greet you at the start of each session at the Front Desk of the Campus Recreation Center.
Prices will vary depending on session length and Campus Recreation membership status.
- 30 minutes: $25
- 60 minutes: $35
- 30 minutes: $30
- 60 minutes: $40
- 30 minutes: $35
- 60 minutes: $45
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your scheduled massage will take place in a comfortable, quiet room located in the Campus Recreation Center. Most massages and bodywork techniques are traditionally performed with the client unclothed, however, you should undress to your level of comfort. You will be properly draped during the entire session.