WUE Tuition Classification
The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program provides reduced tuition automatically to students who are residents of one of the states participating in the WUE program. This tuition classification allows students to pay tuition at a maximum of 150 percent of the resident tuition rate. This is a savings of more than $5,000 per year.
- WUE tuition rates are automatically offered to nonresident students who are permanent residents of a WUE state.
- You may participate in an internship or another exchange program and retain your WUE status. The internship must be a credit-bearing University of Northern Colorado course, and the exchange enrollment must generate legitimate UNC credit hours.
- The tuition reduction is given to students who are working on their first bachelor’s degree program. Students in off-campus, cash-funded programs are not eligible and should check with UNC's Extended Campus regarding scholarship opportunities.
- If you receive WUE tuition status you cannot simultaneously work toward In-state residency status. If a student is moving to Colorado or otherwise planning to establish residency, they would need to decline WUE and pay nonresident tuition until establishing in-state residency.
How to Apply
Your application for admission also serves as your application for WUE. In addition, you may submit the UNC Scholarship Application to be considered for other scholarships. Detailed information about all of the UNC scholarships can be found at the Office of Financial Aid.
Participating states and territories:
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota