Transfer Admission-Based Scholarships for 2019-2020
Your application for admission is also your application for a number of admission-based scholarships.** Admission-based transfer scholarships have a priority application date of June 1, but will continue to be awarded as funds are available. Once you are admitted, you can apply for further scholarships via your student Ursa account.
Colorado resident admission-based scholarships are awarded automatically based on your academic performance. You can only receive one of the following scholarships (Trustee or Presidential).
These scholarships are renewable with satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- $2,000 per year
- Automatically offered to residents with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- $1,000 per year
- Automatically offered to residents with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
In addition to the above scholarships, you may be eligible to receive the following scholarship if you are transferring from a community college where you were a member of Phi Theta Kappa.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- $1,000 per year
- Complete the UNC Scholarship Application before June 1 (or provide documentation of Phi Theta Kappa membership to the Office of Financial Aid, if you're admitted after the June 1 application deadline)
- Renewable with satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Office of Financial Aid
**Notes on eligibility:
- For transfer scholarship eligibility purposes, only credit hours earned after high school graduation will be considered
- Students must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours each semester to qualify for these scholarships
- The admission-based scholarships listed are awarded to students who are working on their first bachelor’s degree
- Students in off-campus, cash-funded programs are not eligible for these scholarships and should check with UNC Extended Campus regarding scholarship opportunities