Welcome to the University Honors Program
Raise Your Expectations
From Our Students
Are you looking to challenge yourself and want to become a better problem solver in the world? The University Honors Programs are designed to foster outstanding students by providing a small community of intellectually-challenging peers with extra faculty attention and the tools to learn how to think critically and make connections between disciplines and then how to dive deep into today’s problems, issues and cutting edge research challenges.
UNC Honors Program is now accepting applications for Fall 2016 Admission.
Quick Facts about Applying to Honors
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis
- Early admissions decisions begin in January 2016
- Priority Application deadline is March1
- Students who apply early have the best chance of obtaining a space in the Honors Residential Learning Community.
- You are not required to live in the Honors Residential Learning Community to become a member of the Honors Programs.
- Students with more than 45 credit hours, whether transfer students or current UNC students, may apply for the Upper Division Honors Program.
For incoming first year college students or transfer students with less than 45 credit hours.
Please complete the application and submit it with your essays and one letter of recommendation (then include the ways to submit as listed on the application). For Fall enrollment, please submit prior to August 1.
Use the links on the left to navigate the Honors Program website. Quick links provided below for popular webpages:
- Apply Now for Fall 2016 Admission - links to both incoming freshmen and transfer student applications
- Honors Forms for Current Students
Honors T-Shirt Order Form
We are currently selling t-shirts for the Honors Program. All proceeds will go towards funding future Honors events. Shirts are currently being sold for $20.00. We accept either cash or check. Below is the order form. You may bring the order form to our office, email it to us (and send payment via mail or bring it to our office), or mail both the form and payment to our office. (However, we do ask that you do not send cash through the mail. Please physically bring it to our office.)
Center for Honors, Scholars and Leadership
James A Michener Library, Lower Level, Room L-98
501 20th St, Greeley, CO 80639