Make an Appointment
Schedule Writing Center Session by following the instructions below:
- Log in to TutorTrac using your UNC bear email and password.
- In the left side panel, select "Search Availability."
- In the appointment search page, select one of the options from the drop-down menu: Writing In-Person, Writing Email, or Writing Zoom. *Note that other UNC programs use this same system, so you'll need to specifically look for Writing.
- You can search by time, date, or consultant. Then select "Search."
- Select the appointment you would like to reserve on the "Available Time Slots" window.
- Under "Subject," select the course you're visiting for. Or, if you're not visiting for a class-related writing project, select the option that fits your writing situation.
- Under "Reason" select the primary purpose for your visit. You can select only one, but you can provide additional information in the "Notes" section of your appointment.
- Important: In the "Notes" field, provide the consultant with details about your assignment.
- Click the ‘Save’ button.
IMPORTANT. To upload a document, you have to click "Save" and then the "Document" Tab will appear. Here's where you can upload your document. Email Sessions REQUIRE document to be uploaded by the time of the session.
If you have issues uploading your document or have more than one file, you can send documents to the Writing Center's email: email@example.com.
Here's an instructional video recorded by Writing Consultant Tyra that walks you through booking an appointment.