Your UNC account is the username and password you use to access most of UNC’s services, including Banner, Ursa, Canvas and Email. In most cases, the username is the combination of your first & last name, sometimes with a middle initial for uniqueness. (For example, professor Klawz Bear’s username would be Klawz.Bear@unco.edu)
- New Fac/Staff
- Your first.last is automatically created and ready to be activated within 24 hours of being active in our system. You will need to activate your account through our Ursa website.
- What access will I have as a new Employee?
- By default you will have access to Ursa, Email and Canvas. If you need additional access (access to department shares, email distribution lists, etc.) Your supervisor will need to submit a request detailing what additional access is needed.
- New GA, TA, Student Employee
- Your Instructor will need to complete a New Account Request. They should select your student account in the portal when making the request.
- The access you are given will be based on the information provided in the request.
- You will need to activate your account through our Ursa website.
- Accounts are set to expire after one year. If you need your account for the next academic year your supervisor will need to submit an account extension request.
- I have a new Employee starting however I cannot find them in the Support Portal to
submit a request. What do I do?
- From the Support Portal enter in the keyword "new account" in the search bar. Select the service request "New Employee Not Listed in Help Portal" on the left. Submit the request and the TSC will investigate and get them added.