Why become an Recognized Student Organization?
- Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) may request financial assistance to host events.
- RSOs may request a mailbox in the Office of Student Life area.
- RSO can use most University buildings, facilities, and services at a discounted rate or free of charge.
- RSOs get free graphic design service for posters and flyers.
- RSOs may advertise club events via the Student Organizations listserv.
- RSOs can get a UNC hosted website and e-mail address.
For a full listing of RSO privileges and expecations, pelase review the RSO Manual.
To start a new RSO, you'll need to create a constitution for your group and fill out an RSO application. On the application, you will be asked to provide:
- Current club constitution (electronic copy)
- Names and contact information of officers
- Designate three officers to approve financial transactions
- Name and contact information for advisor
- A short description of the group (50 words or fewer)
- Meeting information (day, time, and location.
To get started, check out the RSO Constitution Guide which outlines all the requirements for RSO constitutions. Once you're ready to write your constitution, use our Constitution Template for a pre-formatted, "fill in the blanks" document.
Our staff are also happy to help you with your constitution! Send us a message to set up an appointment.