Academic & Teaching Resources
Have you reviewed UNC's Course Setup Checklist?
Are you prepared for the NEW Canvas Gradebook System?
- Visit our Tech Support Portal for knowledge base articles.
- Instructional Design and Development (IDD)
- Upcoming IDD Workshops
- Center for Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL)
- UNC's LinkedIn Learning Guide
MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION TOOLS
- Screen Capture Software: Panopto
- Video Conferencing: Zoom
- Online Collaboration: Microsoft Teams
- Adobe CC for Educators
- Wireless: Use UNC's secure "Enterprise" network for your privacy and safety. The Enterprise network will require a two-step authentication process (can authenticate for 60 days). Visit UNC's Wireless Help - Faculty for more information.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Connecting from off-campus? The VPN allows you to connect to UNC's resources, securely. For access, visit UNC's VPN Portal.
- You can access your email from home via the Outlook-Office365 portal.
- Want access to your email on your mobile devices? Check out UNC's guide for Mobile Email.
- Purchasing Technology: Please visit UNC's Guide to Desktop and Laptop Purchases, or for information on purchasing toner or other equipment, visit UNC's Guide to Institutional Technology Purchases.
- Microsoft Office: You can access Office365 online. UNC faculty can also download Microsoft Office via the portal for free. Simply click on the "Install" link while visiting the online portal.
- Adobe CC: If you use Adobe products as a part of your employment at UNC, you can request an account via the tsc.unco.edu portal. Search for ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD REQUEST and complete the required information. Need Adobe for personal use? You can use your unco.edu email to receive a discount on the CC suite through the Adobe CC Portal.
- Printing: Looking for a printer? Visit the Pharos Install Packages for printers in your building. You can also visit the Bear Print Portal to access printers via the cloud. For more help, please visit our Bear Print guide.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND IT TICKETING
Search the knowledge base or submit a help ticket through the Technical Support Center (TSC) Portal.
Access Ursa (Banner) to find employee information (pay stubs, W2s, etc.) and faculty information like class rosters, course lists, and submitting grades.
Access to UNC's learning management system. This is where you can find your courses, assignments, and grades.
Faculty can access UNC's WI-Fi via "Enterprise" network. If you are experiencing issues, please visit the help guide.
OFFICE 365: ONEDRIVE, TEAMS, AND MORE...
Access the online version of Office 365. On the portal's main page, you can click on the OneDrive icon to access saved files.
Need to capture your screen to display later for online learning? Panopto is an all-in-one video platform that is integrated with the Canvas that allows instructors to lecture capture, live stream, quiz students, and more.
Would you like to host office hours online? Need to hold an virtual study group? Zoom is a conferencing system that can be used to hold office hours, synchronous classes, and impromptu meetings.
LinkedIn Learning (LIL), formerly Lynda.com, is on online learning portal where you have access to workshops on Canvas, Office365, and more.
iClickers are a MacMillan learning product which allows instructors to poll students, conduct interactive quizzes, and even take attendance.
Digital Measures (DM) is the platform UNC uses for faculty annuals. For more information on how to setup you account, visit our Digital Measures Guide.
Qualtrics is a web-based survey software tool available to UNC faculty and staff to support research, program evaluation, and assessment.
If you need to access UNC's resources from off-campus, you may need access to the Virtual Private Network (VPN). The VPN allows you to connect to UNC's resources, securely.