The IM&T Senior Leadership team serves as the Project Management Office (PMO) to prioritize and categorize approved projects and to manage resource allocations.
- What requires an IM&T Project?
The IM&T Project Request form should be used to submit the following requests:
- IM&T Project Request
Technology Requests that meet any of the following criteria:
Requires central funding
Requires a data feed from a central IM&T System
Requires more than 40 hours of IM&T Resource Time
- Business Process Enhancement
Assistance reviewing a business process in a department/area to identify where improvements can be made. This may include leveraging technology tools already utilized across campus or the recommendation of making a functional change to the process to help units operate more efficiently.
- Academic Technology Request
ATAG Classroom Request
Technology requests/upgrades in labs, classrooms or conference rooms.
Small Academic Technology Requests
Technology Requests for Academic Areas that meet any of the following criteria:
Requires central funding less than $10,000
Are not Audio/Visual Upgrades for Computer Labs or Classrooms
Examples: Academic Software Requests, Conference Rooms in Academic Colleges, Computers excluded from central refresh Requests.
Student Computer Refresh Requests
Requests for replacing student accessible computers in computer labs or classrooms.
- IM&T Project Request
- How do I submit an IM&T Project Request?
- IM&T Project Requests should be submitted through the IM&T Project Survey at the following URL: https://unco.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9YO5gyq3tkpd1Hv
- Once you submit your project request, an IM&T Research Project Manager will contact you and walk you through the project process.
- When should I submit an IM&T Project Request?
- The revised IM&T Project intake survey will not close. Projects can be submitted at any time throughout the year.
- IM&T requests that departments submit projects as early as possible to ensure ample planning times.
- How are resources allocated to a Project?
- The IM&T Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for scoring projects and coordinating with the ITC and UNC Senior Leadership to approve central strategic funding for project requests.
- The IM&T PMO is responsible for assigning IM&T Staffing resources to a project and determining when a project will start.
- All approved IM&T Project Requests will reside in a pending status until IM&T Staffing resources are allocated.
- All IM&T Projects that are not approved will reside in a project backlog and will be reevaluated by the PMO and the ITC during the next project evaluation cycle.
- How can I check the status of my Project?
Below is a summary of the available project views:
- Submitted Projects - Lists all Projects that are assigned to Research Project Managers for Scoping.
- Under Review - Projects that have been scoped and are currently being evaluated by the IM&T PMO or the ITC.
- Backlog - Lists all projects that were not approved and are the backlog until the next evaluation cycle.
- Approved Projects - Lists all active projects as well as all pending projects that have earmarked funding and/or IM&T Resources but have not been activated by the PMO.
- Active Projects - Lists that have been activated by the PMO and are actively being worked on.
- Completed Projects - Lists that have been completed or abandoned.
(Click to Enlarge Image)
- What are the project stages?
- Submitted - Projects that have been submitted and are currently being scoped by research project managers.
- Under Review - Projects that have been scoped by research project managers and are being scored by the PMO or reviewed by the ITC.
- Backlog - Projects that have been scored by the PMO and reviewed by the ITC but were not approved.
- Pending - Projects that have been approved by the ITC or the PMO but have not been activated by the PMO pending available IM&T resources.
- Active - Projects that have been activated by the PMO and are actively being worked on.
- On Hold - Projects that were active, however do to unforeseen circumstances are temporarily on hold until resources become available or other issues are resolved.
- Completed - Projects that were successfully completed.
- Abandoned - Projects that we not successfully completed or were withdrawn by the submitted prior to activation.