Would you like to connect your gaming device or wireless speakers to UNC's Wi-Fi network? UNC utilizes a system called Captive Portal to register personal devices on-campus.
Steps to Register Your Device
Note: You will need the MAC address from your device before you proceed. If you do not know how to find the mac address for your device, go to our Support Portal and in the Get Help... search type "mac address" and find your device in our Knowledge Base for instructions.
- Review the lists of approved devices (at the bottom of this post) to confirm that your device can be registered.
- Go to our Support Portal and login with your UNC username/password.
- In the Get Help... search bar, type "DEVICE REGISTRATION".
- The service request called "Device Internet Registration" will appear on the left hand side under the SERVICE REQUEST section. Click the More Info button then select New Request.
- Fill out all of the required information and submit the request, including the MAC address for your device.
- You will receive an email once your device is registered through the system.
- Reboot your device
- Connect to the UNC-Student wireless with the password UNCStudent (case sensitive)