Jump to main content


info Overview

There are a few things to do when you resign from the university:

 check Ensure the resignation has been formally acknowledged.

 check Ensure the your address is up to date so the W-2 is received in a timely manner. Notify HR during your Exit Meeting.

 check If you are an Emeritus Faculty member, please ask about the benefits you will receive. The Provost's office announces Emeritus Faculty Status every June. 

 check Set up an Exit Meeting with one of the HR staff virtually. During this time, they can help answer any questions you may have.

 check Turn in employee leave record to your immediate supervisor who will then send it to HR.


You will need to turn in your parking pass, laptop/charger/any IT equipment you may have brought home during this time to Carter Hall, the Human Resources office. If you have a Pcard, please turn that in as well.

check_box Keys are turned into Parsons Hall

check_box Parking permits are turned into HR in Carter Hall

check_box P-Cards are turned in to HR in Carter Hall

check_box Turn in all library books and pay outstanding library fines

check_box Pay all dining service debt. Your swipe card will be shut off on the 15th of the month that you leave the university.

check_box Fill out our confidential Exit Survey prior to your HR Exit Meeting. Password: 2718


Representative: Kelly Pachelo-Forehand
(303) 886-8904
Metlife has 51 annuity investment options through the Metlife Financial Freedom Select platform.


Representative: Jeffrey Metcalfe
TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America) offers 20 mutual fund and annuity options. Enrollment online is available at www.tiaa.org/unco.


Representative: Ralph Janitell
(303) 532-9121
VALIC (Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company) has 62 annuity options through the Portfolio Director platform.


If retiring under PERA, please submit Final Six Months' Salary Report to the Payroll office before your last month of work. You will need to submit retirement application to PERA.