Jump to main content

COVID-19: News and Campus Updates


info Overview

There are a few things to do when you resign from the university:

check Ensure the resignation has been formally acknowledged

check Ensure that your address is up to date so the W-2 is received in a timely manner. Notify HR during your Exit Meeting.

check Set up an Exit Meeting with one of the HR staff virtually. During this time, they can help answer any questions you may have. 

check Turn in employee leave record to your immediate supervisor who will then send it to HR.


You will need to turn in your parking pass, laptop/charger/any IT equipment you may have brought home during this time to Gray Hall. UNC PD will be collecting those items. If you have a Pcard, please turn that is as well. 

You can either go to the Gray Hall lobby (North side entrance) and either call them at 970-351-2245 or ring the bell at the window. They will then have an officer come out to collect the items from them. There is someone at Gray Hall 24/7, but M-F 8-5 is preferred and potential wait times will be less during that time due to officer availability.

check_box Keys are turned into Parsons Hall

check_box Parking permits are turned into Gray Hall

check_box P-Cards are turned in to Gray Hall

check_box Turn in all library books and pay outstanding library fines

check_box Pay all dining service debt. Your swipe card will be shut off on the 15th of the month that you leave the university.

check_box Fill out our confidential Exit Survey prior to your exit. Password: 2718


Representative: Kelly Pachelo-Forehand
(303) 886-8904
Metlife has 51 annuity investment options through the Metlife Financial Freedom Select platform.


Representative: Jeffrey Metcalfe
TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America) offers 20 mutual fund and annuity options. Enrollment online is available at www.tiaa.org/unco


Representative: Ralph Janitell
(303) 532-9121
VALIC (Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company) has 62 annuity options through the Portfolio Director platform.


When you terminate Colorado PERA-covered employment, you have two options with your Defined Benefit (DB) Plan account(s):

  • Leave your account(s) with PERA for a future rollover/refund or monthly benefit.
  • Do a rollover/refund of your account(s).

Leaving PERA