Faculty Advisory Board
The Honors Curriculum Faculty Advisory Council (“FAC”) provides direction and guidance in developing and revising the honors curriculum requirements and in approving new honors courses. The FAC will:
- Review Honors Program curriculum and related undergraduate research curriculum, recommending updates and revisions as necessary to maintain the effectiveness of the Program and meet Honors Program goals.
- Provide counsel to the Director of Honors pertaining to the development of faculty, academic, and curricular resources in support of the program.
- Review curriculum changes proposed by the Director and recommend curriculum changes to the University College Curriculum Committee.
- Promote the Honors Program within the University and regionally.
- Strengthen the Honors Program learning community.
- Strengthen and enhance the financial resources of the Honors Program.
- Further the mission of the Honors Program.
- Participate in Honors Program events.
The membership is comprised of at least 10 members, generally including the following:
- McNair Scholars Director
- Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Research
- Director of Leadership Studies
- One representative from the University Libraries
- At least one current or recent Honors course instructor
- Three representatives from at least three different Colleges
Terms of membership are one to three years, and are renewable.
Meetings are held at least once per semester. Additional meeting may be called for by the Director for Honors and Scholars.
Current Honors Faculty Advisory Board 2019-20
- Krista Caufman, McNair Scholars Director
- Janice Dickensheets, Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Research; College of Performing and Visual Arts
- James Keaton, Director for Leadership Studies, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Brianne Markowski, University Libraries
- Kristin Bovaird-Abbo, College of Humanities and Social Sciences; Honors Program Faculty Fellow
- Travis Boyce, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Michael Kimball, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Donald Gudmundson, Monfort College of Business
- Stephen Mackessy, College of Natural and Health Sciences
- Angela Vaughan, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- Melissa Lea, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- Pepper Mueller, Honors Program instructor; College of Humanities and Social Sciences instructor; McNair Instructor/Advisor
- Honors Student representation: Grace Davis or Shukuru Rushanika, Student Honors Council rep