- Colorado Academic Standards
- Colorado ELL Standards
- STE Charter
- Teacher Quality Standards
- Reference Guide
- Evaluation rubric for K-12 teachers
- Teacher Quality Standards
- Teacher Candidate Supervisors
If you would like to become a university supervisor of teacher candidates, please apply to be in our hiring pool. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified if you qualify.
- Concern Form
- See respective handbooks
Mileage reimbursement is provided for field supervision. To submit your request for mileage reimbursement, right-click on this form, select "Save As." Use your last name as the name of the file, and save on your computer. Complete the form (bear # must be included), and e-mail the excel document to firstname.lastname@example.org. The document should be submitted by the 10th of the following month. This is due to a state law that allows them to tax your mileage if the reimbursement is later than 45 days. Your mileage will be processed within 5 business days.
- Effective Fall 2022, a new mileage reimbursement guideline is available here.
- Use this form only for in-state travel, related to field supervision of UNC students in School of Teacher Education classes (EDEC, EDEL, EDFE, STEP), all field experiences, including student teaching.
- Calculate miles from home or from UNC, whichever distance is shorter. Please try to combine trips whenever possible.
- If you visited students from more than one program, simply alternate the primary purpose for the next trip to the same destination.
- To reimburse the cost of copying and postage, mail or bring all receipts to STE office at the end of each semester. On the back of each receipt, write which program this was used for. Make sure your name is on the envelope.
- Part-time Faculty
If you are interested in working for the School of Teacher Education at the University of Northern Colorado, please complete the on-line application. We will contact you should a teaching opportunity in your area of interest become available. We will not share your information with anyone outside of the University.
- Adjunct Faculty
- STE Adjunct Faculty Handbook
STE Adjunct Faculty Additional Policies:
STE Mentors/Lead Professors will work with new adjuncts regarding the following information:
- Include a chart with each course number and lead professor’s name and contact info (email, phone, office hours, etc.)
- A statement clarifying adjunct’s role at UNC overall – invitation to attend faculty meetings (as non-voting members), college events, etc. (rationale: adjunct faculty members are not always sure what their role at UNC is, if they are welcome to attend meetings, etc.)
- Adjunct faculty members who are teaching a course for the first time should meet with lead professor prior to start of the semester if adjunct decides to change syllabus, assignments, or textbooks. Changes are contingent on approval by lead professor.
- Adjunct faculty should contact the lead professor prior to the start of class (ideally 2 weeks in advance) and arrange a face-to-face meeting to discuss the course. Once the semester begins, adjunct faculty members are required to send a brief email update to lead professor at least twice a month with updates, questions, etc.
- Each new adjunct professor may be observed by the lead professor or program coordinator at least one time during the semester.
- Each adjunct faculty member should be familiar with professional dispositions rubric and learn when and how to use instrument to flag students.
- Each lead professor may request a “master” shell for the designated course if desired in order to share materials, lectures, etc. as appropriate.
- Directors and Coordinators
If you need a new part time instructor, contact Cheryl Sparks for data on applicants interested in teaching for your area.