New Divisions, Name Changes, Office Locations
August 17, 2019
See below for recent campus updates:
- Division of Student Affairs: The new division brings together multiple units previously housed in Enrollment Management and Student Access and Campus Community and Climate. The division will provide resources, tools and opportunities to create a student experience focused on learning, campus connections, diversity, equitable and inclusive environments, career readiness, health and developing leadership talent.
- University Advancement: University Relations and the UNC Development and Alumni Relations have combined to form the division.
- College of Natural and Health Sciences Advising Center: The new NHS advising center provides admission and academic advising to freshman and sophomores, is the first contact for transfer students and provides services for NHS majors and minors.
- Student Success Resource Center at the College of Humanities and Social Sciences: The new center supports students with academic assistance, campus connections and goal-based coaching. The two coaches, Becca Young and Hayley Blackburn, serve as the first points of contact for transfer students and meet with HSS majors throughout their degree in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Meagan Miller remains the advisor and coach for Criminology and Criminal Justice students.
- Disability Resource Center, formerly known as Disability Support Services
- Office of Academic Community Engagement, formerly known as the Office of Engagement
- UNC Active Schools Institute, formerly known as UNC Active Schools Lab
- Center for Career Readiness, formerly known as Career Services
- SOAR, formerly known as Major Exploration and Academic Probation (read about all of SOAR's updates)
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, formerly known as Office of Sponsored Programs
- Geography, GIS, and Sustainability, formerly two separate departments: Geography and GIS and Environmental and Sustainability Studies
West Campus: Campus Commons
- Bear Central is a centralized location consisting of the Financial Aid, Bursar’s (Student Accounts) and Registrar offices. Bear Central is located on the second floor of the Campus Commons, south of the University Center, with an entrance directly south of the fire pit.
- UNC Ticket Office is located on the ground floor of Campus Commons, across from the Pie Café. The team will be able to better serve the campus community from one, central location.
- New Student Orientation is located within Campus Commons and will benefit new students because of the proximity between the Commons and University Center. It can be found on the first floor of Campus Commons in a shared office space with the Office of Admissions.
- Office of Admissions and Visitors Center
West Campus: University Center
- Center for International Education has moved to the first floor of the University Center next to the Subway where the former Bear Logic/Technical Support Center space was located.
- Dean of Students’ Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance has moved to University Center 2205. The remaining DOS offices (Bear Pantry, Community Standards and Conflict Resolution and Student Outreach and Support) have relocated from Michener to the main level of the University Center, near the Office of Student Life and the Center for Career Readiness.
- The Division of Student Affairs’ Department of Equity and Inclusion has moved to the former Visitors Center at 1862 10th Ave.
- The University Advancement Creative Services team has moved to the first floor of Carter Hall and was previously located in Trotter House. Trotter House is now student housing.