UNC Center for International Education
The Center for International Education provides the umbrella framework for all international activities at the University of Northern Colorado, building connections between UNC’s greater community and the world and bringing global perspectives to enrich our campus community. CIE team leads the UNC’s international initiatives by facilitating global partnerships, recruiting and supporting international students, and coordinating programming that prepares students for success in today’s global environment.
In addition, CIE collaborates with and supports faculty and staff in developing globally-minded programs, research and partnerships that elevate our international profile and expand the engagement of our Global Bear community as follows:
- Promoting a diverse and global student body by recruiting and retaining international students
- Advocating for acceptance and inclusion of all identities and cultures via meaningful cross-cultural engagement opportunities and promoting global competencies
- Increasing international mobility among students, faculty, and staff by facilitating and administering education abroad opportunities and programs
- Providing academic and linguistic support for non-native English speakers
- Fostering sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships worldwide
- Promoting safe and responsible international travel for students, faculty, and staff via international risk management policies and support framework
- Facilitating regulatory compliance related to the international activities of the institution
UNC Strategic Vision 2030 Alignment
The University of Northern Colorado will be the institution that Colorado looks to as the future of higher education. Our students will experience a personalized education grounded in liberal arts and infused with critical and creative inquiry; establish relationships with faculty and staff that nurture individual development; gain the skills and knowledge that provide upward mobility among alumni; and share a commitment to the values of inclusion, equity, and diversity.
STUDENTS FIRST We exist to transform the lives of our students through increasing international mobility among students, faculty, and staff by facilitating and administering education abroad opportunities and programs, providing academic and linguistic support for non-native English speakers, and preparing UNC students for success in today’s global environment.
EMPOWER INCLUSIVITY UNC believes in providing access and educating the community, empowering individuals, and developing leaders and responsible global citizens. CIE fosters acceptance and inclusion of all identities and cultures via meaningful cross-cultural engagement opportunities and promoting global competencies.
ENHANCE & INVEST Ethics and compliance are vital to our collective success. We foster an environment where an entrepreneurial spirit, operational excellence, integrity, and best practices in the field of international education are the guiding principles for our work.
INNOVATE & CREATE We rely on data driven decision making and technology to capitalize on opportunities for innovation and improvement of international operations. We engage in mutually beneficial entrepreneurial projects and initiatives that shape Colorado’s global future.
CONNECT & CELEBRATE Strong community connections provide authentic learning experiences and reciprocal partnerships and collaborations. We build lifelong relationships with and among our Global Bears, enriching the lives of those on campus, in Colorado, and throughout the world.
Upcoming events for Fall Semester, 2021 are available here.
Our programs work individually but constantly collaborate to provide the services necessary to support both international students and scholars as well as the growing numbers of UNC students and faculty involved in education abroad.