Popularizing Undergraduate Gender Studies
Welcome to Popularizing Undergraduate Gender Studies (PUGS), a platform for UNC students to share their work and ideas around gender, culture, and more.
A special thank you to our student designers, Casey Martinez and Nahono Bayne-Omai, for their work on our PUGS logo.
Disclaimer: The opinion expressed in each article is the opinion of its author and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the PUGS editors, Gender Studies program, or UNC. Therefore, PUGS e-zine carries no responsibility for the opinion expressed thereon.
- About Us
- Anti-Christian Feminism is Anti-Third-World Feminism – M. Morgan
- Gender Gap in STEM – N. Bollig
- Woman's Place is Behind the Typewriter – K. Kirkendall
- Gender & Patriarchy – G. Esparza
- Third World Feminism & the Hijab – M. Lavery
- Third World Feminism & Fashion – J. Sutton
- LGBT Healthcare – K. Green
- Topless Day Parade – J. Johnson
- Rec Center Dress Code – G. Davis
- LGBTQ+ Spotlight
- Feminist Resources Page
The Gender Studies program has teamed up with the Center for Women's and Gender Equity in developing a page titled “Student Voices” in their monthly newsletter, WRC Today, named for the previous name of the Center, the Women's Resource Center.
This page was conceptualized by Dr. Ather Zia, who serves as the Consulting Editor. Student Voices will carry write-ups from Gender Studies minors as well as other UNC students. This collaboration is aimed to encourage students from different social backgrounds to publish critical reflections based on their experiences and materials being taught.
Other Student Expressions
Using visual and literary art, UNC students express themselves, spark insight and inspire others to build and express understanding and acceptance. Find even more student expressions on the Center for Women's and Gender Equity page.