Students First Framework
As part of Rowing, Not Drifting 2030, UNC has created a Students First Framework to advance strategic efforts related to improving enrollment, retention rates and graduation rates.
The framework builds on UNC’s Strategic Enrollment and Student Success Plan (SESS). It is comprised of Executive Sponsors, a Steering Committee, an Admissions and Recruitment Taskforce, and a Graduation and Retention Taskforce. The term of service on the taskforces is two (2) years, except for students, who shall have one (1) year terms.
The Steering Committee is comprised of the executive sponsors plus the chair(s) of the Recruitment and Admissions Taskforce and the chair(s) of the Retention and Graduation Taskforce.
This Committee is Charged With:
- Overseeing and coordinating the overall efforts and actions of the two taskforces
- Setting priorities for the taskforces
- Overseeing business process improvement in support of student success
- Both recommending and leading overall cabinet-level strategy for student success and enrollment management
Steering Committee (Executive Sponsors and Task Force Chairs)
- Lisa Vollendorf, Interim Provost and Chief Academic Officer
- Michelle Quinn, Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Cedric Howard, Vice President for Student Affairs (arriving December 2021)
- Tobiás Guzman, Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Arte Libunao, Executive Director, Extended Campus
- Bret Naber, Interim Assistant Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Jared Stallones, Dean, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- Stephanie Torrez, Assistant Vice President, Student Academic Success
Interim Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration
Vice President for Student Affairs (arriving December 2021)
Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion