Timeline of UNC Campus Commons Openings and Events
January 4, 2019
The Office of Admissions and Visitors Center, New Student Orientation and central ticket office will be among the offices operating at the University of Northern Colorado’s Campus Commons as spring semester gets underway Monday, Jan. 7.
Campus tours, admission counselor appointments and all other admission operations are now running out of Campus Commons. Also, Dining Services' Pie Café will be open for limited services starting Monday.
Marquee events that will commemorate the opening of the building are scheduled for Friday, April 12, following the completion of the performance hall in mid-to-late March. Work continues on the performance hall and it remains closed until then. Events on April 12 commemorating the Commons and capping off Academic Excellence Week will include the Presidential Investiture Ceremony of Andy Feinstein, UNC’s 13th president, followed by a campus and community reception. Later that evening, donors and investors will join in celebrating "The Campaign for UNC," the successful 3 ½-year initiative that included fundraising to help support the Commons as well as numerous other important campus programs and scholarships.
Campus Commons is a gateway to campus, a navigation and support hub for students, and a showcase for UNC’s arts programs in addition to addressing curricular needs for the College of Performing and Visual Arts. Through the Commons, students can connect with faculty, support services and opportunities on and beyond campus. The building will also draw visitors as a welcoming and accessible starting point for alumni, community members and prospective students and their families, who will start campus tours there.
In addition to the offices mentioned above, the Bursar, Financial Aid and Registrar will also be in the Commons later this spring as part of an integrated student support operation. The Commons will also house performance and gallery space, a café, and meeting and event spaces.
Here’s a tentative timeline of when departments and offices are opening and a list of upcoming events:
- Jan. 2: UNC Ticket Office opened (regular business hours from 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Friday).
- Jan. 7: Building opens on a limited basis:
- Curricular music ensembles start rehearsing in rehearsal room.
- The Office of Admissions and Visitors Center are open including tours (view availability of daily tours), admission counselor appointments, and operations out of Campus Commons. Direct any in-person inquiries to the south entrance front desk on the first floor. The phone number remains 970-351-2881, and the campus box number is 10.
- Jan. 23: Join Dining Services for the Pie Café's opening event (more details will be shared soon).
- Through Feb. 6: Alumna and Campus Commons Gallery’s Inaugural Artist-in-Residence, Jessica Forrestal works on her upcoming exhibit, “ConStructs and ConFines,” in the Commons. The public can drop by and meet Forrestal (see link for dates and times).
- Feb. 7-March 30: Forrestal’s exhibition, “ConStructs and ConFines,” will be on view in the Commons Gallery.
- Spring Break (March 9-17): Registrar, Bursar and Financial Aid offices will move into the second floor of the building into a one-stop center called Bear Central (formerly GPS+).
- April: McKinstry, UNC’s partner in a campus-wide energy conservation program called powerED, to host a one-hour “building talk” in the Commons including a behind-the-scene tour of its facilities. More details will be provided when they become available.
- April 12:
- Presidential Investiture Ceremony (details to come)
- "The Campaign for UNC" donor and investor celebration
- April 25-27: UNC/Greeley Jazz Festival hosted at the Commons, where 6,000-8,000 guests are expected over the course of the three-day festival.
- Campus Commons website
- Watch a new video by the Campus Commons’ construction company, Adolfson & Peterson, that showcases the building updates