Parent Account Set Up for Verification
Your student has received notification that their FAFSA needs to be verified, and your student needs you to sign documents. Your student should have requested an account setup link emailed to you after they have submitted all their required documents. The FAFSA verification process is a standard federal government process.
PARENT ACCOUNT CREATION AND VERIFICATION STEPS:
- Your student will need to request your electronic signature after they have completed their verification steps. Once your student has completed their steps, you should receive an email requesting you to create an account to complete the FAFSA verification process.
- Click the link provided in your email to create an account. You will be directed to a screen that will ask you to complete three sections (Figure 1): Create Parent Account, Confirm Parent Information, and Confirm Student Information.
- When you have completed each section, you will click on "Create Account."
- You then will be able to electronically sign the verification documents your student has submitted through their account. You will use your password you created for the account to sign the documents.
Tips to remember while verifying your FAFSA information:
- Be sure to read all the selections thoroughly and select the option that best describes your situation.
- Depending on the device you are using to complete your verification, you may only be able to see limited options. If you don’t see a scroll bar to view more options, use arrows to view the hidden options.
- You can upload documents in pdf or jpg formats. So you can use a mobile device to upload more than one file.
- If you don’t e-sign the document, you will need to download the document, print and
sign, then take a picture or scan in the document to upload.
Be sure to upload all document as jpg or pdf images. You can "Add pages" when uploading documents.