Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Forms
The verification process at the University of Northern Colorado is completed online through the student’s Ursa account. Students and parents are able to use online based forms to complete verification and e-sign documents.
Verification is simply a process of comparing submitted documents to information listed on a FAFSA. The Department of Education randomly selects students for this process each year. You will be notified by our office if you are selected. All documents need to be submitted through Ursa.
Deadline for completing the verification process: If selected, the deadline for an otherwise eligible student to complete the verification process for all federal aid programs is the date established annually in the Federal Register or 120 days after the last day of the student's enrollment, whichever is earlier.
If you or your parent(s) have been impacted financially by the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), or by other circumstances, either by loss of income, loss of employment, or other circumstances that significantly impact your or your family’s ability to pay for future educational expenses, the Office of Financial Aid may be able to take them into account. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Education specifies that a student must be meeting SAP standards to continue to receive financial aid. Please see our "Maintaining your Aid" page for more information.
Complete this appeal form if you have attempted 150% of credits required for degree completion.
Complete this electronic form on Ursa if you answered "yes" to one of the following questions on your FAFSA:
- At any time since you turned age 13, were both your parents deceased, were you in foster care or were you a dependent or ward of the court?
- As determined by a court in your state of legal residence, are
you or were you an emancipated minor?
- As determined by a court in your state of legal residence, are you or were you in legal guardianship?
Complete this electronic form on Ursa if you answered "Yes" if you received a determination at any time on or after July 1, 2019, that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless or at risk of being homeless.
- "Homeless" means lacking fixed, regular and adequate housing. You may be homeless if you are living in shelters, parks, motels, hotels, public spaces, camping grounds, cars, abandoned buildings, or temporarily living with other people because you have nowhere else to go. Also, if you are living in any of these situations and fleeing an abusive parent, you may be considered homeless even if your parent would otherwise provide a place to live.
- "Unaccompanied" means you are not living in the physical custody of your parent or guardian.
- "Youth" means you are 21 years of age or younger or you are still enrolled in high school as of the day you sign this application.
Please use this Cost of Attendance (COA) Adjustment form if you would like to have your COA adjusted for any of the following items that exceed your budgeted UNC COA
-additional housing expenses,
-additional educational costs (computer/instrument/other education related items),
-additional books and supplies over the budgeted amount,
-child or dependent care.
Please use this Loan Adjustment Form if you would like your already accepted loans increased, decreased, or canceled. If you are requesting this for a PLUS loan, the Parent of the loan must request the increase, decrease, or cancellation. A picture ID will be required for any PLUS loan adjustments.