New Faculty Orientation & Development
New Faculty Orientation and Development (NFOD) begins with a two-day on-campus event where new full- and part-time instructors are introduced to UNC, meet with the president and provost, build community, and engage in discussions about teaching practice. This is followed by a year-long series of programming designed to support faculty in their work as reflective and reflexive teachers and scholars.
The goals of New Faculty Orientation & Development are to:
- Welcome new faculty to the UNC Community
- Engage new faculty in discussions about teaching excellence
- Provide new faculty with information about campus policies
- Inform new faculty about campus services
These goals are achieved through the following activities:
- Discussions about UNC’s students and values
- Discussions with UNC’s provost and president
- Teaching workshops led by experienced UNC faculty
- Informational sessions related to campus policies and services
- Campus tour
- Community building events
The fun kicks off on August 15 & 16 with a two-day in-person event!
Registration information will be sent in early July.
Getting to UNC
Join us in the Columbine Suites, 2nd floor of the University Center. The address is 2101 10th Ave, Greeley, CO 80631
Parking is free during orientation in all lots. You will need a permit to park on campus starting August 22nd. Permits are on sale now.