Spring 2020 K-12 Educator Employment Days and K-12 Educator Employment Days Prep
Due to ongoing concerns and preventative measures regarding COVID-19, all in-person university events and meetings for the spring 2020 semester have been canceled. Updates will be published to our COVID-19 information page as the situation develops.
For students and alumni who are job searching, the Center for Career Readiness can still help you. Here are some tips from us:
- Update your resume. Current UNC students and alumni (who have graduated within three years) have the opportunity to set up a virutal career counseling appointment or can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- Let us help you share your resume. If you would like to share your resume with school districts who were planning to attend, email your resume to: email@example.com
- Identify schools and school districts who were planning to attend K-12 Educator Employment Days and reach out to them. Here is a list of school and school districts that had registered to attend the Spring 2020 K-12 Educator Employment Days. You can also view schools registered to attend through Handshake
- Utilize Handshake to find and apply for jobs. Through your Handshake account you can identify and apply for jobs. We recommend UNC students and alumni complete their Handshake profile and set your profile to "public" (within your privacy settings) if you would like schools and school district representatives to view your profile and message you. Once you find an opportunity you want to apply for, follow the instructions on Handshake.
- Utilize Handshake to find virtual employer events. Employers want to connect with you. From your Handshake account utilize the Events tab to see opportunities to connect with employers on-site or virtually. Each event contains information about how to RSVP and connect with an employer.