Who We Are
Center for Career Readiness strives to support, challenge, and empower all students and recent alumni to become uniquely career ready in order to ultimately pursue meaningful work.
We will accomplish this purpose by:
- Meeting one on one with students and supporting them as they explore careers, gain experience, learn how to manage their own career and navigate complex career pathways and world of work systems
- Partnering with faculty and academic units to incorporate career readiness learning opportunities into their curriculum
- Developing customized career content and facilitating academic and student group focused presentations, workshops, outreach and career events
- Managing relationships with employers seeking to hire UNC students and provide employers feedback on how to best connect with UNC students
- Managing Handshake—UNC’s all-campus, employer customer relations management software
- Planning and hosting all UNC’s job, internship and graduate school fairs
- Partnering with Advancement to share alumni career information and connect students with UNC alumni
- Serving as the central place for career and world of work trends and knowledge
- Leading, advocating and removing barriers in order to implement campus-wide career readiness efforts for all students
In conducting these activities, we work with students, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Advancement and employers. Aligned with the institutional mission, we contribute to the following Institutional Learning Outcomes: Mastering Foundational Skills, Connecting Ideas and Experiences, Developing Professional Competence, and Engaging in Healthy Behaviors.
All UNC students and recent alumni are career ready and empowered to pursue meaningful work.
Character: We encourage ourselves and students to be courageous, self-reflective and authentic in all interactions.
Empowerment: We encourage others to believe in their ability to achieve personal and professional goals.
Integrity: We foster, expect and act with the highest level of ethics, professionalism and respect.
Equity and Inclusion: Our commitment to equity and inclusion enables an accessible, inclusive, open environment where we advocate for the success of all students.
Relationships: We foster relationships with one another, students, employers, alumni and the UNC community for the benefit of serving students and enjoying one another’s company