Each Action Team (AT) is responsible for prioritizing initiatives and activities in support of the strategic priority. Each team will dedicate attention and effort to improve desired outcomes and meet aligned goals and metrics for the priority.
- Priority 1
Align Admissions to Vision
Develop, manage and execute a coordinated communication plan to minimize summer melt.
- Set goals for admission counselors to convert unregistered admits to registered
- Reduce summer melt by X%
- Key drip points confirmed and aligned communication plan drafted and executed.
Enhance the role of student ambassadors & admissions counselors beyond campus visits to become integrated in onboarding efforts to reduce summer melt.
- Track student/ counsel communication and interaction to identify what enhancements
have the greatest effect
- Reduce summer melt by X% (applies here and above
Develop admissions rep(s) within each College and define roles and responsibilities.
- 100% of Chairs will have completed features/ benefits, outcomes worksheet provided
by admissions by end of June.
- Marketing will work with Deans to prioritize X programs per college and have material retooled and ready for roll out in September.
- Lyndsey Crum (Co-chair), AVP Alumni Relations
- Kiki GIlderhus (Co-chair), Interim Dean of College of Performing & Visual Arts
- Erin Datteri-Saboski, Director of New Student Orientation
- Renee Welch, Director of Career Services
- Aldo Romero, Director of Cumbres
- Selene Ortiz, Student Senate
- Hunter Wilson, Director of University Relations
- Whitney Bonner, Associate Director of Admissions
- Nathan Raugutt, Academic Advisor (MCB)
- Adrina Pawlak, Coordinator of Outreach Financial Aid
- Rudy Vargas., DREAMer Liaison
- Priority 2
Create an integrated group to guide and manage the implementation of the Aims2UNC MOU.
- Identify people / units critical to the implementation of MOU
- Deliver a report identifying the resources needed for implementation and proposed solutions to identifiable challenges.
Determine strategies and resources to strengthen relationships amongst community colleges throughout the state.
- A report identifying what CCs in CO want /need from UNC and an assessment of the resources needed to fulfill those.
Audit existing business processes for transfer student applicants (prospect through enrollment) to identify and prioritize gaps and areas for future enhancements
- Outline of the transfer student application business process and deliver a report detailing opportunities for enhancement and resources needed to implement.
Audit existing transfer credit evaluation process and identify strategies to streamline this process.
- Outline of the transfer credit evaluation business process and deliver a report detailing opportunities for enhancement and resources needed to implement.
- Charles Couch (Co-Chair), Registrar
- Burkhard Englert (Co-Chair), Dean of NHS
- Dawit Senbet, Chair Economics
- Pepper Mueller, Advisor SOAR
- Sarah Goodrum, Chair of Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Dana Kohler, Associate Director Admissions
- Nancy Karlin, Professor Psychological Sciences
- Tammy Ortiz, Student Senate
- Beckie Croissant, NHS Student Services
- Priority 3
Conduct a comprehensive study on all registration holds to develop an integrated understanding of hold policies and thresholds to eliminate unintended barriers to registration.
- Provide a report on suggested modifications
Identify the holds effecting the most students who cannot register for Fall 2019, and create a small pilot network of offices on campus to develop integrated solutions to support students to remove holds and register.
- Establish a baseline metric to compare against, then set a target relative to the baseline to show improvement.
Review and analyze relevant recent student survey results to identify highest priority barriers students face and begin to develop solutions.
- Prioritized identification of barriers, and recommended solutions.
Review current feedback regarding Bear Central communications and work with them to improve communications with students and other campus constituencies.
- Review communication templates and offer feedback and evaluation.
- Katrina Rodriguez (Co-Chair), VP Student Affairs
- Chris Marston (Co-Chair), Associate Dean College of HSS
- Montez Butts-Clanin, Director Residential Education
- Marty Somero, DIrector Financial Aid
- Rosa Law, Director MCB Advising
- Malaika Michel-Fuller, Student Trustee
- Allison Grant, Office of Assessment
- Nick Hoyle, Information Management & Technology
- Paige Johnsen, Assistant Director New Student Orientation
- Talia Carroll, Director of Marcus Garvey Cultural Center
- Priority 4
Proactive Strategy for Students at Greatest Risk of Attrition
Confirm criteria for incoming students who received letters noting they were “admitted with support” that will be supported by SOAR, and develop a secondary plan to support the additional students who were “admitted with support,” but exceed the current capacity of the program, leveraging plans to support the two “Seeking” populations to achieve efficiencies.
- Criteria for the core group established
- Criteria for secondary (and potentially tertiary) groups established
- Plan developed for each group in alignment with criteria
- Metrics defined to evaluate effectiveness going forward
Assess and contribute to SOAR’s curriculum of coaching and support for incoming students “admitted with support.”
- SOAR’s plan established, and ultimately evaluated and reviewed by the Action Team
Gather information to understand the enrollment, retention, and capacity issues with Seeking Nursing and Seeking Business populations, and develop options for resolving associated financial aid issues.
- Summary report with issues and gaps identified along with potential options for enhancement.
- Options for resolving financial aid issues are presented to IT and PLC for decision.
Identify strategies and resources for faculty teaching critical LAC courses to consider to promote student success in the classroom this Fall.
- Present a tool for faculty teaching LAC courses with historically high DFW rates to use to intervene with students at greatest risk of attrition.
Develop best-practices for Navigate and a targeted pilot program for the Fall that would strengthen the referral process between SOAR and other unit(s).
- Present best-practices and overview of pilot for review and approval.
- Stephanie Torrez (Co-Chair), AVP Student Academic Success
- Melissa Henry (Co-Chair), Professor and Assistant Director of Undergraduate Nursing
- Eric Peterson, Professor Psychology
- Colleen Sonnentag, Assistant Dean of Students, Community Standards and Conflict Resolutions
- Julie Sexton, Office of Assessment
- Marion Deutsch, Academic Advisor Nursing
- Seferino Gurule, Academic Advisor, Center for Human Enrichment
- Melissa Hoffner, Director Tutorial Services
- Chris Freeman, Director Major Exploration & Academic Probation
- Lyda McCartin, Head of Library Instruction Services
- Sherrie Frye, Reisher Scholars/Early Alert Manager
- Patricia Escobar, Director César Chávez Cultural Center
- Cris De la Torre, Professor of Finance