Salary Equity Committee
The Salary Equity Committee shall be comprised of eleven (11) members. There shall
be six (6) Senators, one from each college and the University Libraries elected by
the Senate. Senators from each college and the University Libraries will be responsible
for nominating their representative. If no Senator is available from a college, the
Senate will accept nominations for non-Senators to serve on the Committee. Two members
will be appointed by the President or their designee. One member shall be the elected
Faculty Trustee currently serving on the Board of Trustees (BOT). One member shall
be the previously elected Faculty Trustee. The Professional Administrative Council
(PASC) shall select, from its membership, a representative to serve on the Committee.
All committee members are voting members. The committee shall elect annually at the
last meeting of the spring semester faculty members as chair and vice-chair to serve
a term of one year. The term of office of faculty members elected or appointed by
the Faculty Senate shall be three calendar years beginning July 1 of the year selected,
unless the appointment is to finish a term for someone who has not completed their
full term. The members selected by the President or their designee shall hold office
for one year. The PASC representative’s term shall be consistent with the term of
service on PASC. The term of office for the Faculty Trustee shall be the time they
serve on the Board of Trustees. If the previously elected Faculty Trustee is unable
or unwilling to serve on the committee the Senate shall appoint a faculty member to
fill this position.
The Committee’s responsibilities are to:
- Review the group of University approved peer institutions and make recommendations for any necessary changes, if possible, during the Fall semester.
- Request and review the annual staffing plan of exempt staff and faculty at UNC. Ensure that copies are distributed to the offices deemed appropriate and ensure a copy is held in the University Archives.
- Request appropriate data to make annual external and internal parity comparisons for the purpose of making recommendations on how to achieve internal and external parity.
- Ensure that fairness and equity is maintained, review annually the salaries for all faculty and administrative staff (all non-classified staff) which may include, but not be limited to, new hires, merit pay, and summer salaries, and recommend to the Senate any modifications to the distribution processes.
- Review the annual university budget audits, the annual budget, or any other relevant budgetary documents to make relevant recommendations.
- Review benefit plans including but not limited to health, life and disability insurance that are part of the fringe benefit pool and make relevant recommendations.
Michelle Athanasiou EBS Senator
Joan Clinefelter Former Faculty Trustee, Vice Chair
Whitney Dyer PASC Representative
Fritz Fischer Faculty Trustee
David Greene NHS Senator, Chair
Abe Harraf MCB Senator
Britney Kyle HSS Senator
Marshall Parks HR Director
Jay Trask UL Representative
TBD PVA Representative
- January 25, 2021
- January 11, 2021
- December 15, 2020
- November 30, 2020
- November 16, 2020
- November 2, 2020
- October 19, 2020
- October 5, 2020
- September 21, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- August 24, 2020
- April 20, 2020
- April 6, 2020
- March 23, 2020
- March 2, 2020
- February 17, 2020
- February 3, 2020
- January 21, 2020
- December 2, 2019 - cancelled
- November 18, 2019
- November 4, 2019
- October 21, 2019
- October 7, 2019
- September 23, 2019