Our Equity-Minded Practices & Community Principles
Equity-minded practices lie at the center of our work and are rooted in our student affairs mission. We believe to create a community; we must understand and value our differences as well as our common ground. We’ve developed the following community principles, as values, as a way to have action-oriented and aspirational discussions with equity in mind.
We commit to be:
- Caring: We commit to providing a welcoming campus community environment where individuals can find a sense of belonging where we foster respect, empathy and support to strengthen our campus community connection.
- Inclusive: We embrace diversity in all forms of being. We value individuals and their uniqueness in our community. We recognize each individual’s contribution is important to achieving our institutional goals.
- Civil: We uphold social justice and are committed to promote fairness in treatment and access while raising awareness about equity-minded practices in our community.
- Accessible: We acknowledge differences in our society and foster a learning environment through education and strategic actions. Enhance quality of campus life for all.
- Service-oriented: We seek to advance equity-minded practices and communications and be responsive in supporting our community.