Teaching for Inclusion & Equity
The TIE program offers participating faculty sustained opportunities to engage with and support each other so that they are able to develop the knowledge and skills to improve their practice and share their learning with the UNC community. Participants in the TIE Program will:
- Engage in reading on topics related to equity and inclusion
- Reflect on their practice as educators
- Engage in learning activities to implement inclusive teaching practices
- Participate in discussions and exchange ideas about how to use inclusion and equity models to support learning
- Put into practice what they learn to their own course design and pedagogical practices, reflect on this, and gain feedback from peers
- Create an action plan for continued improvement
Participants in TIE will join a team of five college faculty and one library faculty for a year-long program. TIE cohorts are led by a UNC faculty facilitator.
2020-2021 TIE Cohort
The inaugural TIE cohort begins in January 2021. Applications open in November 2020.
The TIE Program is a collaboration between CETL and UNC's STEM Inclusive Excellence Collective, led by Dr. Susan Keenan. The goal of both programs is to create a culture of inclusive excellence on our campus.