University Assessment Council
The University Assessment Council serves as an advisory body to the Office of Assessment and Accreditation. The Council provides recommendations and guidance regarding the assessment of student learning outcomes, faculty and staff development, and recognition of best practices. Specifically, the Council:
- Leads institution-wide assessment initiatives;
- Collects and disseminates information regarding best practices for assessing student learning outcomes;
- Identifies faculty and staff professional development needs related to assessment and recommends appropriate strategies for addressing these needs;
- Reviews institutional assessment processes and makes recommendations for improvement; and
- Sponsors recognition activities to support, showcase, and celebrate programs and individuals engaged in effective assessment practice.
The Assessment Council meets once a month during fall and spring semesters.
The Council is chaired by the Assistant Provost for Academic Effectiveness and consists of faculty and staff representatives from colleges, governing bodies, and student services divisions.