Software, Technology, and Online Purchases
Additionally, at UNC, Dan Satriana, General Counsel, has determined that an online “click” or online purchase is the same as a signature. At UNC, only a very few individuals have Delegated Signature Authority.
To help employees avoid accidentally causing a Fiscal Rule Violation, the Purchasing & Contracts Department has worked with the leadership of the Information Management & Technology Department to create a process for expediting online purchases and software purchases.
The process for purchases of this type is as follows:
- Complete Software, Technology, & Online Purchase Information Collection Form.
- Submit the Form as a new Software Expenditure contract request via OnBase. If you have received a quote, order, or invoice from the vendor, that document should be uploaded to OnBase with the new contract request as well.
- Using the Form submitted, Contracts staff will gather the related Terms for compliance review.
- Contracts staff will negotiate with the vendor to remove any conflicting Terms.
- IM&T will simultaneously review and provide approval via OnBase.
- Once a signed contract is in place, Contracts staff will confirm with the requestor and notify the Purchasing Card Manager to open the PCard as requested on the Form.