Transfer & Nontraditional Students
Online Orientation is required for all Transfer and Nontraditional students. Online Orientation will be completed through the online reservation system. You will receive an e-mail to your @bears.unco.edu account when you are able to sign up. It is intended to introduce student essentials and campus resources relevant to the transition to UNC.
Transfer and Nontraditional students are also encouraged to attend an optional four hour in-person Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome, which provides an overview of life at UNC, opportunities to connect with other students, advising, and class registration.
Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome Dates for Fall 2019 Entering Students:
To view the current and most accurate sessions available, please log in to the orientation system. The orientation system updates live. The dates listed below are for reference only.
June 3, 2019
July 8, 2019
August 23, 2019
Reservations close and lock 4 business days (Mon.-Fri.) out prior to a session at which point changes cannot be made to a reservation.
Note: Online Orientation must be completed by Transfer and Nontraditional students before attending the optional in-person Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome. We have purposefully structured the process so that learning the information in the Online Orientation will help support the in-person Orientation experience. The reservation for an in-person Orientation is available in the reservation system once Online Orientation is completed.
This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details will be given to participants at check-in.
All sessions are in the University Center:
11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Check-In in the University Center
- Check-in is on the 2nd floor around the fireplace.
- Pick up check-in materials (schedule, handouts, name tag, meal tickets, advising materials, etc).
12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Lunch & University Welcome - Get to know other incoming students as well as current students who have transferred to UNC in a small-group setting.
- University Fair - An opportunity to meet with campus departments that may be important to the holistic UNC experience.
- Advising and Registration. The end time is dependent on individual registration time.
Note: Parents and support people will be able to hear information about UNC's Liberal Arts Core, the online catalog, and get any lingering questions answered while you are being advised.
- Optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors
- There will be multiple opportunities to get picture taken for the UNC ID at the UNC card office.
- All students and registered parents/support people will receive a lunch ticket.
- If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 3:30 p.m.
Parking during Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome sessions is available in Q Lot and is free to you during the Transfer & Non-Traditional Welcome. Q Lot is located off the corner of 9th Avenue and 20th Street.
UNC Q Lot Address: 1920 9th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631
Your check-in location will be at the University Center, which is between 10th and 11th Avenue on 20th Street, a short distance from Q Lot.
University Center Address: 2045 10th Ave, Greeley, CO 80639
There is no need to park anywhere else during Orientation, but if you wish to park somewhere else, you will need to buy a day pass from one of the Pay to Park daily parking dispensers.