Transfer & Nontraditional Students
Online Orientation is required for all Transfer and Nontraditional students. It is intended to introduce student essentials and campus resources relevant to the transition to UNC. After you confirm your enrollment through Admissions, you will receive an e-mail to your BearMail (@bears.unco.edu) account when you are able to and complete Online Orientation and sign-up for the optional in-person Welcome.
Transfer and Nontraditional students are also encouraged to attend an optional four hour in-person Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome, which provides an overview of life at UNC, opportunities to connect with other students, advising, and class registration.
Spring 2020 students:
Reservations for online and in-person orientation are OPEN.
Note: An email will be sent to you letting you know you have access to the orientation system when it is open.
Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome Dates for Spring 2020 Entering Students:
To view the current and most accurate sessions available, please log in to the orientation system. The orientation system updates live. The dates listed below are for reference only.
Please Note: Reservations close and lock 4 business days (Monday – Friday) out prior to a session at which point changes cannot be made to a reservation.
Note: Online Orientation must be completed by Transfer and Nontraditional students before attending the optional in-person Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome. We have purposefully structured the process so that learning the information in the Online Orientation will help support the in-person Orientation experience. The reservation for an in-person Orientation is available in the reservation system once Online Orientation is completed. Our programming takes place at the University Center.
This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details will be given to participants at check-in.
11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Check-in is on the 2nd floor around the fireplace
- Pick up check-in materials (schedule, handouts, name tag, meal tickets, advising materials, etc)
- Get your picture taken at the Card Office for your UNC ID card
12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Lunch & University Welcome – Get to know other incoming students as well as current students who have transferred to UNC in a small-group setting
- University Fair – An opportunity to meet with campus departments that can be important to the holistic UNC experience
- Advising and Registration – The end time is dependent on individual registration time
Note: Parents and support people will be able to hear information about UNC's Liberal Arts Core, the online catalog, and get any lingering questions answered while you are being advised.
- Optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors
- There will be multiple opportunities to get picture taken for the UNC ID at the UNC card office
- All students and registered parents/support people will receive a lunch ticket
- If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 3:30 p.m.
Parking during Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome sessions is available for free in any of the residence hall lots. I, J, Q, and T Lots are all residence hall lots and are close to the University Center.
The University Center is on 10th Avenue between 20th and 22nd Street.
University Center Address: 2045 10th Ave, Greeley, CO 80639
There is no need to park anywhere else during Orientation, but if you wish to park somewhere else, you will need to buy a day pass from one of the Pay to Park daily parking dispensers.