Parents and Support Networks
Welcome Bear parents and support networks! We want you to be confident in your student's ability to successfully transition to UNC and how you can support them. Join us for Parent Orientation that will happen along side your student's Orientation experience. We will cover topics ranging from support & safety at UNC to important information about billing & financial aid.
There isn't a separate registration for Parent Orientation. When your student signs up for their Orientation, they can indicate how many guests that they want to bring.
Watch these videos from last summer's Parent Orientation Series that were held over Zoom.
How to Pay Your UNC Bill
(Recorded June 15, 2021)
Living & Dining at UNC
(Recorded June 4, 2021)
(Recorded June 8, 2021)
Support & Safety Snapshot
(Recorded June 9, 2021)
Academic Advising Overview
(Recorded June 10, 2021)
Supporting the Academic Transition
(Recorded June 28, 2021)
(Recorded June 23, 2021)
What to Expect
Parent Orientation is designed to support you in finding answers to questions you may have about the campus and what it means for your student to attend the University of Northern Colorado. One of the biggest things to expect is that you and your student are going through two separate programs. During Parent Orientation, you will:
- Learn about the academic policies and expectations at Northern Colorado
- Meet other parents and support people of new students, upper-class students, university faculty, and university staff
- Learn about your student living on or off campus
- Attend sessions on extracurricular activities available for your student and the benefits of your student getting involved on campus
- Hear about course scheduling and the classes your student can expect their first semester
- Be provided with a variety of materials to help you as you and the University work together to guide your student through their transition
Please understand that we do try not to repeat too much information from other campus events such as Preview Day, Admitted Students Day, and campus visits. While some helpful information may be repeated, we strive to present it in a different format and specifically for the student's support system.