Types of Membership
To join Tribeta Phi Omicron, please contact the Phi Omicron faculty advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership requirements. To be a Regular member of Tribeta Phi Omicron you must (a) be an undergraduate major in biological science at UNC, (b) have completed at least one term of the second year of the four year curriculum or its equivalent, (c) have completed at least three semester courses in biological science, of which at least one is not an introductory course, with an average grade of B or its equivalent in those courses, (d) have a B average in all courses, and (e) be in good academic standing.
- Benefits of membership. As a Regular member, you will have the right to (a) apply for Tribeta Research Grants, (b) hold the constitutionally specified chapter offices, if elected, (c) vote on chapter membership nominations and national questions, and (d) represent the chapter or vote at national conventions.
- Membership fee. A one-time fee of $65 gives life-time membership.
- Membership requirements. To be an Associate member of Tribeta Phi Omicron you must (a) be an undergraduate at UNC whose interests include the life sciences in some significant way but who are ineligible for regular membership.
- Benefits of membership. As an Associate member you will be eligible to participate in all local, district, and national activities except those specifically reserved to regular members.
- Membership fee. A one-time fee of $55 gives you membership until graduation. Associate members may upgrade to Regular membership for an additional fee of $10 should they become eligible at some point prior to graduation.
Graduate members shall be: (a) either a graduate student currently enrolled in a life science degree program at UNC or a faculty member of the UNC Biological Sciences program. Graduate members may participate in Phi Omicron local activities except that they may not (a) hold a constitutionally specified Phi Omicron office or (b) vote on Phi Omicron membership and national matters. Graduate members may attend district or national conventions, and, upon special designation, represent Phi Omicron at a national convention. Graduate members shall not be eligible for undergraduate awards. The fee for Graduate membership is $65.
Chapter Honorary Membership
Honorary members may be elected by Phi Omicron in recognition of significant accomplishment as biologists or of outstanding service to the chapter. The fee for Honorary membership is $65.
Phi Omiron Members
Name, Membership level