UNC Fall Commencement Ceremonies, Dec. 13-14
December 4, 2019
The University of Northern Colorado held its 129th fall commencement ceremonies Friday, Dec. 13, and Saturday, Dec. 14, in the Bank of Colorado Arena in Butler-Hancock Athletic Center, with a total of 884 graduates.
Approximately 330 candidates earned advanced degrees during the graduate ceremony, which started at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13.
The graduate student speaker was Lauren Wasser who received her master's degree in Theatre Education. Originally from Iowa, she is in her ninth year teaching and teaches English and theatre at Columbine High School in Littleton.
Watch the Graduate Ceremony:
The undergraduate ceremony for Monfort College of Business, College of Natural and Health Sciences and College of Performing and Visual Arts graduates started at 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 14.
Watch the 9 a.m. Undergraduate Ceremony:
The undergraduate ceremony for College of Education and Behavioral Sciences, College of Humanities and Social Sciences and University College graduates started at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14.
Watch the 12:30 p.m. Undergraduate Ceremony:
Over 550 candidates received their undergraduate degrees.
The undergraduate student speaker was Alissa Danielle Delfosse who attended UNC since spring of 2016 for Secondary English Education. Throughout her college career, she dedicated her free time to her practicum, teaching and tutoring in local schools and eventually running a tutoring business as the assistant director.
More Info on Ceremonies
- Parking is free in UNC lots.
- Tickets aren’t required to attend the ceremonies, and seating is available on a first-come basis.
- Doors to the venues open one hour before each ceremony.
- If the Bank of Colorado Arena reaches occupancy limitations, guests will be redirected to the Butler-Hancock's Champions Room to watch the streamed ceremony.
- All ceremonies will be broadcast live on the UNC Commencement homepage at unco.edu/commencement.
- For more information, including ceremony etiquette and protocols, live webcasts of the ceremonies and more, go to unco.edu/commencement.
About the Fall 2019 Graduating Class:
- No. of students graduating: 884
- No. of students earning bachelor's degrees: 554
- No. of students earning graduate degrees: 330 (279 master's, 45 doctorates, 6 certificate/specialists)
- Age range:
- Undergrad: 19-55
- Grad: 22-66
- Average age:
- Undergrad: 24
- Grad: 33
- Graduate's average GPA:
- Undergrad: 3.34
- Grad: 3.85
- Most popular majors (by degrees awarded):
- Undergrad: Business Administration, Elementary Education, Nursing, Psychology and Human Services
- Grad: Special Education, Sport and Exercise Science, Teaching American Sign Language, Education,
Educational Leadership and Clinical Mental-Health Counseling
- International Countries Represented: 9 (Australia, Canada, China, Egypt, Japan, Libya Jamahiriya, Saudi Arabia, Thailand
- States/Territories Represented: 42 (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida,
Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland,
Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New
Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South
Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming)
- Colorado Counties Represented: 44 (Adams, Alamosa, Arapahoe, Archuleta, Bent, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Conejos, Delta, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, El Paso, Elbert, Fremont, Garfield, Gilpin, Grand, Jefferson, Kiowa, Kit Carson, La Plata, Larimer, Lincoln, Logan, Mesa, Moffat, Montezuma, Morgan, Otero, Park, Phillips, Pitkin, Prowers, Pueblo, Rio Blanco, Rio Grande, Routt, San Juan, Summit, Teller, Washington and Weld)
Degrees conferred for fall 2019 on Jan. 16, 2020.