Resources for Your Thesis, Doctoral Scholarly Project or Dissertation
The links below provide information about every aspect of the thesis, doctoral scholarly project or dissertation process — from naming your document to hiring a typist, editor or transcriptionist.
- Doctoral Dissertation and Doctoral Scholarly Project (PDF)
- Master’s Thesis and Creative Project Format (PDF)
- Citation check for APA style (this is a non-UNC website)
- Filing your thesis, doctoral scholarly project or dissertation
- Hiring a typist, editor or transcriptionist
- Thesis, doctoral scholarly project and dissertation checklist
Forms and Other Information
Tips for the Successful Completion of PDF Forms
- Please do not print, hand write/sign forms or use DocuSign or AdobeSign. This removes the digital completion components.
- Download PDF documents and save them. Open with Adobe Acrobat to complete forms. Do not fill out forms in a browser or Mac Preview.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free at the Adobe website.
- All faculty need to sign using Adobe Verified Signatures on the same form. (Follow in-app prompts to set up faculty signatures.) Save after each person signs.
- Current Heading Formats:
- Deadlines for Graduation, including deadlines for Thesis, Doctoral Scholarly Project and Dissertation
- Digital UNC ETD Approval
- Dissertation proposal process and title signature page (PDF)
- Processing Form (PDF)
- Proposal Title Signature Page
- Questions students should ask when hiring a typist (PDF)
- Survey of Earned Doctorates:
- Verification of research subject compliance (PDF)