Graduation Fair Information
Your many years of hard work are almost over and it’s time to celebrate! Your cap and gown are important symbols of the achievement you’ve made, and what better way to immortalize them than with a professional photo? The Grad Fair lets you both rent your regalia and get pro pictures, as well as offering class rings and designing your graduation announcements.
Dates coming soon.
Otherwise, you can rent your regalia at distribution. We have many grads picking up their gown so plan to wait about 30 minutes.
Share your accomplishment with family and friends by ordering graduation announcements. You can order from any company you choose but UNC recognizes Balfour.
As you look to the future, you’ll know that your time at UNC was very well spent. Rather than thinking of this as your second college commencement, today is seen as the next steps into your career.
All graduates will assemble one hour prior to the ceremony in the Recreation Center adjacent to Butler Hancock Athletic Center.
Graduates should proceed to the graduate school table for check-in, to have you hood folded and to pick up your namecard for correct pronunciation as you walk across the stage. The number on the bottom, left hand corner of the card will be used for lining up graduates.
When your college is announced you will line up and approach the stage. When your name is read you will approach the President o and Dean of the Graduate School to receive your diploma cover and shake hands as your picture is taken.
Exit from the front of the stage and return to your seat until the end of the ceremony. The stage party will leave first and then marshals will dismiss the audience.
As the ceremony takes place, it is important to recognize all the effort that your peers have put in to reach the same point. Please observe the etiquette we have in place, as it will make everyone’s time easier and more fun.
- Nobody likes cell phones during a movie, and this is a once-in-a-lifetime event that’s much more important than catching a flick. Please silence your phone during the ceremony.
- Everyone worked hard to get to where they are, so please remain seated until the end of ceremony out of respect for other graduates.
- The graduate seating area is for students only. They deserve to be in the spotlight.
- There is no secure place to store your belongings, so it’s best to leave personal items with family or friends.
- You must wear appropriate regalia to participate: this means be in your gownand have your tassels worn to the right.
Now that you’ve walked across the stage, you’re done! The only things left are to request your transcripts and receive your pictures—tasks that we make easy.
Cap and Gown Return
All gowns are returned after the ceremony at the
Nottingham Field Southeast Entrance
Lifetouch took photographs of each graduate and
will send proofs to order images. View all photos