Commencement Resources for Students
Schedule of Ceremonies
Friday, December 8: Graduate Commencement
- 6 p.m.
- Doctoral, Specialist and Masters students
- 6 p.m.
Saturday, December 9: Undergraduate Commencement
- 9 a.m.
- Kenneth W. Monfort College of Business
- College of Natural and Health Sciences
- College of Performing and Visual Arts
- 12:30 p.m.
- College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 9 a.m.
Must Know Info
- ALL Guest entrance doors will close at the start of the ceremony to allow space for the graduates to enter the arena. Guests will be held in the lobby until the graduate procession is completed. Please plan to arrive early to avoid missing your graduate walking in.
- All Ceremonies will take place inside the Bank of Colorado Arena
- Graduates will line up in the Campus Recreation Center Large Gym.
- All graduates should arrive at least 45 minutes before their ceremony start time to pick up their reader card and line up for the procession. Please leave personal items with family or friends.
- The ceremony process of graduating students will leave the lineup area before the ceremony start time.
- Guest tickets are required for entry into the Bank of Colorado Arena. Visit the ticket section for more info.
- Doors open for guests one hour prior to each ceremony.
- Both Friday and Saturday’s graduating students will line up in the Campus Recreation Large Gym.
- Graduating students not arriving with guests should park on the West side of LOT J. Guest parking will be in LOTS L, M and Y.
- Campus parking is free and open to the public during Commencement weekend. Parking permits are not required. Graduates and guests are asked to use official university parking lots. Parking in or near private residential areas is not permitted.
Your years of hard work are almost complete, and your cap and gown are important symbols of your achievement!
The advanced order prior through Herff Jones ended on November 1. If you weren’t able to order your regalia, you’ll need to make arrangements to attend the cap and gown distribution event.
UNC Cap and Gown Distribution
- Thursday, December 7: 4 – 7 pm
- Friday, December 8: 10 am – 5 pm
- Campus Recreation Center Small Gym
1300 23rd Street
- Walk-up Pricing
Master – $75.75
Doctoral - 82.50
All gowns and hoods for are rented and must be returned following the ceremony. Representatives will be located on-site at commencement to collect returns. All students get to keep their caps and other accessories (i.e. stoles).
Graduation with honors is determined on your cumulative grade point average, of at least 56 UNC semester hours, at the time of degree completion.
If you meet the qualifications, including grades earned during your final semester, you will have Latin Honors designated on your diploma and official transcript.
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.9 – 4.0
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.8 – 3.89
- Cum Laude: 3.7 – 3.79