Fall 2023 Commencement Schedule
Friday, December 8, 2023
Graduate Student Ceremony
6:00 p.m. Ceremony
All candidates earning Doctoral, Specialist's and Master's level degrees
Saturday, December 9
Undergraduate Student Ceremonies
9:00 a.m. Ceremony
Monfort College of Business
College of Natural and Health Sciences
College of Performing and Visual Arts
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
All ceremonies will take place inside the Bank of Colorado Arena.
Please see the ticketing section for more information.
Doors open one hour prior to each ceremony. Accessible seating is available for all ceremonies.
Tickets are required for guests to attend the Commencement Ceremonies. Graduating students do not require a ticket.
Tickets are assigned to specific ceremonies, are general admission and valid for one guest per ticket. Tickets are issued at no charge and sale of tickets is prohibited. Tickets will be distributed to graduates electronically via BearMail accounts. Guests must obtain tickets from their graduates in advance of the ceremony. Tickets will not be available at the ceremony entrance door.
Requesting Guest Tickets
- In order to request tickets, a student must first submit their application for graduation.
Students who are eligible to graduate this semester, will receive an email with instructions
from the Registrar (undergraduate students) or the Graduate School (graduate students).
- Students who have applied to graduate will receive ceremony ticket information in their BearMail account on September 25. The email will include a link and instructions to claim their requested guest tickets by the initial ticket deadline: Wednesday, October 25 11:59 p.m. MDT.
- Graduating students may submit a request to claim up to 6 tickets prior to the October 25 deadline. After this date, availability of additional tickets will be determined based on the total number of tickets requested compared to the seating capacity of the venue.
- Students who apply for graduation after the Wednesday, October 25 deadline will still need to request tickets through the link they receive in their BearMail. While UNC will make every effort to ensure tickets availability for all graduating students, guest tickets cannot be guaranteed if requested after the October 25 deadline.
- If additional tickets are available following the October 25 initial ticket request deadline, graduating students will receive an email on October 30 with instructions
for requesting additional tickets and the total tickets remaining for their ceremony.
Additional tickets may be requested until all remaining tickets are claimed.
- Graduating students will receive an email when there are no remaining tickets available for their ceremony.
Please visit the Commencement FAQ page for more details.
- September 25: Ticket request details emailed to students who have applied for graduation
- October 25: Deadline for ticket request with initial ticket allotment of up to 6 tickets/grad
- October 30: Availability of additional tickets communicated (Dependent on number of tickets requested by October 25 deadline)
- November 6: Deadline to request additional tickets, IF AVAILABLE
- November 9: Individual allocation of tickets communicated to students
- November 17: Digital tickets released to students
- The Champions Room (105) is a family-friendly space located inside the Bank of Colorado Arena where ticketed guests can enjoy a livestream of the ceremony in a quieter setting.
- UNC is proud to offer live Spanish-language interpretation. Assistive listening devices can be checked out inside the lobby of the Bank of Colorado Arena.
- ASL interpretation is available at all UNC Commencement ceremonies.
- The first row of arena seating is reserved in compliance with ADA guidelines.
Ceremony Locations and Parking
Campus parking is free and open to the public during Commencement weekend. Parking permits are not required. Guests are asked to use official university parking lots. Parking in or near private residential areas is not permitted. Campus Parking Map.
Accessible parking is available in M, L, and Y lots outside the Bank of Colorado Arena. Vehicles must display valid state-issued hang tags or license plates.
UNC Bookstore & Fan Shop
From diploma frames to alumni gear, you can find the perfect gift for your Bear Grad at the UNC Bookstore. Stop by the University Center location or shop online.