Commencement Info for Guests
Thanks for coming!
The University of Northern Colorado will host ceremonies on May 3 - 4, 2024 in the Bank of Colorado Arena. We are excited to host you on campus as you celebrate the achievement of your graduate!
Tickets are required for general entry and valid for one guest per ticket. Tickets are issued at no charge and sale of tickets is prohibited. Tickets will be distributed to graduates electronically to graduates via BearMail accounts. Guests must obtain tickets from their graduates in advance of the ceremony. Tickets will not be available at the ceremony entrance door.
Schedule of Ceremonies
Friday, May 3: Graduate Commencement
- 6 p.m.
- Doctoral, Specialist and Masters students
- 6 p.m.
Saturday, May 4: Undergraduate Commencement
- 9 a.m.
- College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Performing and Visual Arts
- 12 p.m.
- College of Natural and Health Sciences
- 3 p.m.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Kenneth W. Monfort College of Business
- 9 a.m.
UNC offers the commencement program in both English and Spanish translations. Programs will become available for view and download closer to Commencement.
ALL Guest entrance doors will close at the start of the ceremony to allow space for the graduates to enter the arena. Guests will be held in the lobby until the graduate procession is completed. Please plan to arrive early to avoid missing your graduate walking in.
Tickets are required for entry.
Guests must obtain tickets from their graduates in advance of the ceremony.
Tickets are required for guests to attend the Commencement Ceremonies. Graduating students do not require a ticket. Tickets are assigned to specific ceremonies, are general admission and valid for one guest per ticket. Tickets are issued at no charge and sale of tickets is prohibited. Tickets will be distributed to graduates electronically via BearMail accounts.
Tickets will not be available at the ceremony entrance door.
- In order to request tickets, a student must first submit their application for graduation. Students who are eligible to graduate this semester, will receive an email with application instructions from the Registrar (undergraduate students) or the Graduate School (graduate students).
- Graduating students may submit a request to claim UP TO 6 TICKETS prior to the initial ticket request deadline.
- Instructions for requesting tickets will be emailed to students on March 8. After the initial ticket request deadline, availability of additional tickets will be determined based on the total number of tickets requested compared to the seating capacity of the venue.
- Students who apply for graduation after the ticket deadline will still need to request tickets through the link they receive in their BearMail. While UNC will make every effort to ensure ticket availability for all graduating students, guest tickets cannot be guaranteed if requested after the initial deadline.
- If additional tickets are available following the initial ticket request deadline, graduating students will receive an email with instructions for requesting additional tickets and the total tickets remaining for their ceremony. Additional tickets may be requested until all remaining tickets are claimed.
- For students who apply for graduation after the ticket deadline, they will receive a ticket request email when their application is reported from Registrar/Graduate School to University Events. Once the student completes the request form, the student will receive a confirmation email from the ticketing system.
- Graduating students will receive an email when there are no remaining tickets available for their ceremony.
Students who have applied to graduate will receive ceremony ticket information in their BearMail account. The email will include instructions to claim their guest tickets by the initial ticket deadline of Wednesday, April 3 at 11:59 p.m. MDT.
Please visit the Commencement FAQ page for more details.
- March 8: Ticket request details emailed to students who have applied for graduation
- April 3: Deadline for ticket request with initial allotment of up to 6 tickets/graduating student
- April 5: Availability of additional tickets communicated (Dependent upon number of tickets requested by April 3 deadline)
- May 1: Final ticket request deadline, based on ticket availability; Any tickets requested after this deadline cannot be guaranteed
ALL ceremonies will be located in the Bank of Colorado Area.
Parking is available at the Bank of Colorado Arena in lots L, M and Y. Vehicles must display valid state-issued hang tags or license plates.
Campus parking is free and open to the public during Commencement weekend. Parking permits are not required. Guests are asked to use official university parking lots. Parking in or near private residential areas is not permitted.
Welcome to Greeley! While you’re in town to celebrate, use our Visit Greeley partner and the Bear Biz directory to find local restaurants for celebration dinners, stay in hotels, and check out your graduate’s favorite hot spots near campus.
Be sure to visit our Bear sponsored businesses while you’re in town!
UNC Bookstore & Fan Shop
From diploma frames to alumni gear, you can find the perfect gift for your Bear Grad at the UNC Bookstore. Stop by the University Center location or shop online.