Student Support Services at the Center for Human Enrichment (CHE) offers holistic
advising, mentoring, and instructional support for first-generation students transferring
to UNC. We have transfer students currently in our program that have come to us from
various community colleges or other four-year institutions.
CHE services available to program-eligible transfer students include:
- Assigned CHE peer advisor, typically a transfer student who understands the adjustments you need to make. The peer advisor works closely with the CHE participant from the time they transferred to UNC until they graduate.
- Comprehensive advising that complements your major advisor (CHE Advising).
- Individualized mentoring to support a successful transition into the UNC community.
- Writing support from the CHE Peer English Tutors trained and certified through the College Learning and Reading Association (CRLA). The English Peer Tutors are available to assist you with upper class writing assignments; learn more about the CHE Tutoring Services.
- Assistance with identifying and selecting additional academic and support services, such as tutoring for additional course subjects.
- Targeted advising to support major and/or career exploration processes.
- Assistance with understanding and navigating financial aid applications.
- Specific programming that provides students with skills and knowledge to assist them in successfully entering their post-graduate and/or professional careers.
If you are interested in applying to the CHE/SSS program, then under Future Students you can learn about the eligibility requirements and download the application.