Obtaining your UNC Staff or Faculty ID Card
You have the option of obtaining your I.D. Card by coming into the UNC Card Office in the University Center during open hours or via email/electronic photo submission. If you are choosing the electronic submission option, please send your email to: UNC Card Office. Please be sure to use a computer or mobile device with Outlook or other email software installed. Once you’ve submitted all the requirements, we will mail your official UNC ID Card to the permanent address you provide to us or we can hold your card for pickup at the University Center Information Desk. You will receive an email notification when your card is ready for pickup if you choose this option.
- You must submit your request from your active UNCO email account.
- Tell us if you’d like your card held or mailed. If mail, please provide your permanent address.
- In your email, you must include your bear number (last 4 digits) and a phone number where you can be reached. Attach a copy of your driver's license or government issued I.D. for verification of your identity. Also attach a jpg photo of yourself using the following criteria.
Please submit an electronic photo that meets the below standards. If you have any questions, please refer to U.S. Passport Office photo guidelines :
- Color photo only
- Format to approximately 2x2 inches (51x51 mm) in size
- Only head and shoulder shot taken within the last 6 months
- Photo must be taken in front of a plain white or off white, light gray, or light blue background
- Photo should be in a jpg format and saved with first and last name dot jpg (example - klawzbear.jpg)
- Do not include friends, pets, or props in the photo
- No headphones or wireless devices - only photo of student in the picture
- Taken with a natural smile, and with both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms, clothing that looks like a uniform, and camouflage attire should not be worn in photos except in the case of religious attire that is worn daily.
- You may only wear a hat or head covering if you wear it daily for religious purposes. Your full face must be visible and your head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face.
- If you normally wear glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo. No dark glasses and no glasses with dark lenses.