Jump to main content

Security Access Card and Computer Commons Access Card


The UNC Card is the only card needed to access the Residence Halls and the Computer Commons after specified hours. This allows only current students with a valid and properly working card to access these areas.

Students living in Residence Halls

If you are having door access problems, please see your Front Desk for assistance. They will determine if it is an access issue through Facilities, or if you need to go to the Card Office to have your card replaced.

Faculty and Staff 

If you are needing door access to a specific building or to smart classrooms, please contact Facilities Management for instructions on obtaining authorization.