If you are on the UNC Student Health Insurance and need to file a claim so that the insurance company can reimburse you, follow these instructions:
- Save all itemized bills including those being accumulated to satisfy your deductible.
- An itemized bill from a Doctor or Hospital must include:
- Name and address of provider
- Tax Identification number of the health care provider
- The name of the patient receiving services or supplies
- The date services or supplies were provided
- Each charge, service, and supply
- A description of the services or supplies
- Diagnosis or illness
Send all bills and receipts to:
PO Box 188061
If you need assistance with filing a claim or have other questions regarding your policy, contact:
Academic HealthPlans, Inc.
P.O. Box 1605
Colleyville, TX 76034-1605
COVID -19 HOME TEST REIMBURSEMENT:
New legislation requires insurance carriers to reimburse members for COVID-19 over the counter (OTC) test kits. If you are insured under the UNC Insurance plan, follow the instructions below to submit claims for home tests you purchase.
Coronavirus Testing (OTC) without a doctor's order
Effective for tests purchased on or after 1/15/2022, Wellfleet will cover OTC COVID-19
tests without a doctor's order, limited to 8 tests per calendar month per covered
member, with no member cost share (OTC tests with a doctor's order have no limit). The test must be purchased for personal use, and
not for employment purposes, has not been (and will not be) reimbursed by another
source, and is not for resale.
The following documentation must be submitted for reimbursement:
· COVID-19 OTC Test Reimbursement Form (must be signed)
· Receipt from seller, documenting date of purchase and price
· Actual UPC label from COVID-19 test box