Research, Dissemination and Faculty Development Program
The RDFD program supports faculty scholarship and professional activity to develop as teachers, researchers, scholars and artists. Funding is made available to full-time instructional faculty members through a competitive internal grant process.
Proposal Submission Deadlines
All full time instructional faculty members (tenured, tenure-track and contract renewable) are eligible to apply for RDFD awards with the exception of faculty members who are overdue in submitting final reports for previous Provost Fund awards.
Post-doctoral fellows are eligible, but their applications must provide a clear explanation as to how their projects benefit the university.
RDFD Process and Instructions
- New Project Program
- Research, Dissemination & Faculty Development
- Provost Award for Travel
- Award for Excellence in Social Science Engaged Research
- A.M. & Jo Winchester Distinguished Scholar Award
- Fund for Faculty Publications
Carter Hall 2008
8 a.m.–5 p.m. Mountain time
General Funding Priorities
Proposal evaluation will give particular consideration to proposals that address the following priority areas:
- Promote long-lasting scholarly, professional or artistic development of UNC faculty members
- Facilitate technical training or educational development
- Develop and write proposals for externally funded fellowships, grants, and contracts
- Use technology and other strategies in pedagogy such as enhancement/enrichment pedagogy
- Assist faculty to intern with industry, government or service agencies, institutes or foundations
- Sponsor and organize forums and conferences at UNC
- Encourage UNC students' professional involvement or civic engagement through community-based research projects
- Contribute to UNC's mission to internationalize and enhance overall academic experiences of students and faculty by increasing the faculty's exposure to international experiences
Internal Award Procedures
The Internal Award Procedures provide a consistent method for handling internal awards to accommodate university budget guidelines.
Questions about this program should be directed to Nancy Schindele at 970-351-1907or to your FRPB College Representative or the FRPB Chairperson.