UNC's emergency preparedness team will closely monitor weather conditions. The National
Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for much of the state, including Greeley, from 6 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, to noon Wednesday, Oct. 30.
As a reminder, any change in the normal operating status of the university will be
available by 6:30 a.m. daily via the following methods:
- Online: http://www.unco.edu and http://emergency.unco.edu
- E-Alerts: Notifications of closures are sent to campus phones and computers through e-mail
and text messages and to subscribed cell phones through text messages from UNC's
- Emergency Alert System. To find out how to sign up your cell phone, visit http://www.unco.edu/alerts/signup.html
- By Phone: The inclement weather phone line, 970-351-4100;
- Media: Closures are reported to area media, including Denver TV stations.
Please remember if you receive an emergency alert that the university is closed, calling
the UNC Police Department to confirm the information is not necessary.
Faculty, staff and students can receive voice to campus phones, text messages to personal
cell phones, and e-mail to UNC email addresses during an emergency by subscribing
to the UNC emergency alert system.