Fall 2019 Research, Dissemination and Faculty Development Program Awardees
December 2, 2019
The Research, Dissemination and Faculty Development (RDFD) program supports faculty scholarship and professional activity to develop as teachers, researchers, scholars and artists.
Funding is made available to full-time instructional faculty members through a competitive internal grant process. The fall 2019 RDFD awardees are:
- Sharon Bywater-Reyes, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, UNC River Restoration Research through Networking and Community Partnerships
- Gregory Dekrey, School of Biological Sciences, Altered migration of antibody secreting cells after activation of the aryl hydrocarbone receptor
- Anton Dzhamay, School of Mathematical Sciences, Random Matrix EurAsia 2020 Workshop
- Socrates Garcia, School of Music, Socrates Garcia Latin Jazz Orchestra - Concert at the 2020 Jazz Education Network (JEN) National Conference
- David Hydock, School of Sport and Exercise Science, Long-Term Puberty Blocker Treatment and Physical Activity: Implications for the Health of Transgender Youth
- Bailie Peterson, Department of Philosophy, First in Philosophy: Expanding understanding of first-generation student perspectives to improve the reach and teaching of philosophy
- Kevin Pugh and Cassandra Bergstrom, School of Psychological Sciences, Can Mobile Technology Support Transformative Science Learning? An Evaluation of the Seeing Science Project
- Marilyn Welsh and Eric Peterson, Psychological Sciences, The Impact of Child Maltreatment History on Physical Health, Mental Health, and Interpersonal Relationships in College Students
Please join the Faculty Research and Publications Board and the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs in congratulating these faculty members for their successful RDFD proposals.