- Immigration Documents
Activate UNC Global and complete the immigration part of admission.
- Once you are notified of your admission, activate your online Ursa account
- Follow the link activate your “UNC Global Account” on your application portal
- Select “I have a UNC username and password” and click “Submit”
- Select the term you were admitted for and click “Apply”
- Enter the user name and password that you use to access Ursa
- Enter your foreign address outside the US
- On the Application Page (Pre-Decision), follow the steps outlined in the “Instructions” field to upload your financial documents, passport copy, and create a shipping label for your admission packet
- We will then issue your I-20 and mail it with your admission packet that you will need to obtain your student visa. The I-20 will contain your SEVIS number that you will need to pay your SEVIS fee. Afterwards you will be able to schedule your visa appointment.
- Transfer Students
Students transferring from another US institution will be mailed a SEVIS transfer form along with their admission letter. Your international advisor at your current institution will need to complete the form in order to transfer your SEVIS record to UNC.
- Transfer Credit
We will accept up to 90 hours of transfer credit if your university is recognized by the Ministry of Education in your home country, or accredited by one of the US regional accrediting bodies. Please refer to the Office of the Registrar for information about the transfer credit process and policies, including what documents you will need to submit.
- Center for International Education
As much as we enjoy interacting with you during the admission process, once you are offered admission you will start receiving communication from, and start interacting with, our awesome colleagues at the Center for International Education. They will provide pre-departure and arrival information as well as orientation, immigration, academic, cultural and educational support during your studies at UNC.
- Admitted Student Checklist
- Deferring Admission
Admission decisions are valid for one year. If you are unable to start your studies at UNC during the term you were admitted for, please submit the Change of Term request.
- Tuition Payment
Tuition, fees, housing, meal plans and insurance are charged on a semester-by-semester basis. The payment for your first semester at UNC will be due on the 10th class day of the semester. You can pay your student bill in full, or sign up for a monthly payment plan (Bear Pay). For more information please refer to the Cashier’s office.
UNC accepts all international payments via Flywire. It’s a secure and trusted online payment process that makes paying tuition easy from countries around the world, typically in your home currency.