- Viewing your bill
- Understanding your bill
For detailed information regarding your bill, please visit our Costs page under "How to Read your Bill".
- Paying your bill
The easiest and most secure way to pay your bill is through your Ursa Financial Tab.
Credit Card Payments Accepted Only Online with a Convenience Fee Assessed
UNC students, starting the beginning of August 2019, we will only be accepting credit card payments online. This applies to payments made through Bear Pay with a credit card as well. We can no longer accept credit card payments over the phone or in person. A 2.85 percent convenience fee (minimum $3.00) will be assessed on credit card transactions. This convenience fee goes directly to the credit card processor company, not UNC.
You may also pay your bill:
- In person - Campus Commons, Second Floor
- By mail to:
- University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 14
Greeley, CO 80639
Personal checks that are accepted by any unit of the University and returned by the bank are subject to a $20 returned check fee.
- International Payments
UNC ACCEPTS INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS VIA FLYWIRE.
It's a secure and trusted online payment process that makes paying tuition easy from countries around the world, typically in your home currency.
- Pay using accounts from your home country, outside of the U.S. For most countries, you pay in your home currency and Flywire will send funds in the $USD directly to UNC.
- Use payment methods that range from bank transfer, credit cards, e-payment and more for most countries and territories.
- Avoid unnecessary bank fees and receive favorable foreign exchange rates.
- Track your payment until it reaches UNC.
- Contact Flywire multilingual customer support via phone, chat, WeChat, and email for assistance with your payment.
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT ONLINE
- Go to unco.flywire.com. Select your home country and enter the amount due and click "NEXT".
- Select your payment option. Options can include bank transfer, credit cards, e-wallets or other local payment options depending on the country selected.
- Enter payer's information and the student information for UNC.
- Make payment to Flywire as instructed. Flywire will process and send your payment to UNC with your information.
- Track your payment anytime and receive updates about your payment from Flywire. You will also be notified of when UNC receives your payment. Contact Flywire customer support for any assistance or questions about your payment.
- Bear Pay
UNC offers a monthly payment plan, Bear Pay, which allows you to pay your bill in easy monthly installments rather than in one lump sum. This plan includes your tuition, room and board, and all university fees. It does not include any Student Health Center charges.
One-fifth of the total payment plan is due on the 20th of each month during the fall and spring semesters. One-third of the total payment plan is due on the 1st of each month during the summer semester. Payment plans are not offered for the Interim Session.
Semester Enroll By Number of
Due Date Fall (August - December) August 20th 5 20th of each month Last day to enroll September 19th 4 20th of each month Spring (January - May) January 20th 5 20th of each month Last day to enroll February 19th 4 20th of each month Summer (June - August) May 30th 3 1st of each month Last day to enroll May 30th 3 1st of each month
Once you have charges on your account, you may apply for Bear Pay. There is a nonrefundable application fee of $50 each time you apply for a plan. You must apply for the plan each semester.
- Will I receive a statement?
You will be issued an electronic statement each month and it will reflect your monthly Bear Pay payment.
- Do I have to apply for a payment plan every semester?
Yes, an application and $50 nonrefundable application fee is required each time you apply for the plan. You must apply for the plan each semester.
- Are there any late fees?
If your payment is not received by the due date, you will be charged a $15 late fee per payment, per month.
- What happens if I add or drop a class? Will this change be reflected in my payment
Monthly payments will be recalculated as classes are added or dropped or as late fees are applied.
- Can my plan be canceled?
If you miss two payments, your payment plan will be canceled and the remaining balance, including any late fees, will be due immediately. A service charge of 1.5% per month will be assessed if your bill is not paid in full at that time.
- How does this affect my class registration?If your payments are kept up to date, you will be allowed to register for the next semester. However, if you are registered for the following semester and you miss a payment, you will be dropped from those classes.
- Are there any plan restrictions?
The minimum plan amount is $500 and the maximum plan amount cannot exceed UNC's tuition, room, board and fees for an academic semester, plus $200 from a prior semester.
- Will I receive a statement?
- Due dates
Due dates are displayed on the monthly e-Bill statement. Generally, all billed charges are due and payable on the last working day of the month; however, the first bill of the semester may be due at a different time of the month. Please be sure to check your e-bill statement or visit our Bursar's calendar.
A service charge of 1.5% will be assessed on all unpaid billed charges if not received in the UNC Cashier's Office by the due date.
Delinquent accounts are subject to collection fees resulting from internal collections and/or the use of collection agencies.
- College Opportunity Fund (COF)
The College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend is money that the State of Colorado pays towards your tuition bill if you are a resident undergraduate student taking eligible courses.
In order to receive COF, you must first apply for the stipend by completing the on-line Stipend Application or the paper application. When you complete the stipend application, you create an account with 145 available undergraduate hours. You can receive stipend funding for these hours at any participating college in the state of Colorado if you meet the eligibility requirements.
At the time of course registration, you will be prompted to authorize UNC to accept the money on your behalf. If for some reason you are not prompted or you choose to change your authorization, you may do so through your Ursa Financial Tab.
Payments received on your account, including financial aid, COF, and personal or third party payments, are first applied to any outstanding balance on your student account. If any payment should create a credit balance on your account, the money will be refunded to you.
If you have direct deposit set up through UNC, it will be deposited directly into your account. If you do not have direct deposit set up, a check will be issued and it will be available for pickup at the Bursar's Office, Campus Commons, second floor. If you have questions regarding your refund or if you see a credit balance on your account that has not been refunded, please call 970-351-4UNC (option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any charges that are applied to your student account after the refund, will be billed to you during the normal billing cycle.
- Tuition Insurance
The University of Northern Colorado has partnered with Allianz Global Assistance to offer tuition insurance, which provides reimbursement for non-refundable tuition expenses in the event a covered student needs to leave school before the end of the term for a covered reason. Tuition insurance is completely optional, and the agreement you enter in to is with Allianz Global Assistance, not with UNC.
Three levels of protection are available to choose from. Please visit Allianz Global Assistance for coverage terms and more information.
Note: You must purchase your insurance prior to the first day of classes each semester for which you want coverage.
Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Insurance coverage is underwritten by Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated "A+" (Superior) by A.M. Best Co. Plans may not be available to residents of all states. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company. Non-insurance benefits/ products are provided and serviced by AGA Service Company. Contact AGA Service Company at 888-427-5045 or 9950 Mayland Drive, Richmond, VA 23233 or email@example.com.