Nursing M.S.N. – Leadership, Quality and Safety Concentration
This program is not currently accepting applications.
This program begins each Fall term. The recommended deadlines are:
- Priority Deadline: May 1
- Standard Deadline: July 1
Priority deadline applicants will be considered for early admission. If the cohort is not filled with the final review of applications in July, additional applications will be considered on a space-available basis. You may contact email@example.com to see if applications are still being accepted after July 1.
A limited number of students may be able to begin this program in the Spring or Summer terms if they miss the Fall term start. Please contact the Program Coordinator to inquire about possible Spring or Summer start if needed.
Applicants must apply to the Graduate School at the University of Northern Colorado before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
Each applicant must:
- Possess (or be in the process of finishing) a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from
an accredited (NLN/ACEN or CCNE) nursing program with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- If you are still completing your bachelor's degree at the time you apply, admission will be based on your current cumulative GPA, and you will need to re-submit your official transcript (showing your conferred degree and final GPA) during your first semester. If your final GPA fell below 3.00, you will be given additional requirements as defined by the academic program that must be met within one calendar year to remain enrolled at UNC.
- If you have completed a master's degree, or at least 18 credit hours towards a master's degree, the GPA of your master's work will be used.
Take the following steps to be considered for admission:
Step 1: Complete the Application
Complete the online application.
- Answer the application questions.
- Send your requests for letters of recommendation.
- Request two (2) academic or professional letters of recommendation from those who can attest to your academic potential and abilities. You will be asked to supply information for your recommenders in the application.
- Submit the application and pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Domestic Students: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $50 non-refundable application fee
Once you submit your application you will be assigned an Admissions Portal, allowing you to upload supplemental items, as listed below, and track your application through the admissions process.
Step 2: Request Transcripts
Request one official transcript from any regionally accredited college or university
where a bachelor’s degree or higher was earned or is in progress (if you have earned
multiple degrees, bachelor’s level or higher, an official transcript is required from
each college or university where a degree was conferred). If you received a degree
from UNC, you do not need to request a transcript from UNC. The Office of Admissions
reserves the right to request that applicants provide official transcripts from other
colleges or universities as needed. Applicants who have earned or are directly pursuing
a higher degree from a regionally accredited institution without receiving a bachelor’s degree (e.g., PharmD) may be eligible to apply to the Graduate School without the conferral of a bachelor’s
Exceptions: If an applicant intends to use Veteran’s Education Benefits, an official transcript from all colleges or universities attended will be required in order to maintain compliance with Veteran’s Affairs policies.
Official transcripts from U.S. institutions should be sent via mail directly from
the educational institution in an unopened, sealed envelope or through an electronically
secure digital program from the issuing institution.
Mailed transcripts should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
1051 22nd St
Campus Box 10
Greeley, CO 80639
Electronic transcripts from U.S. institutions should be sent directly from the educational institution to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Admissions does not accept email, scanned or PDF transcripts directly from applicants. All official transcripts, submitted as part of the application process, are retained by UNC and not returned to applicants or admitted students.
UNC retains submitted transcripts, from institutions other than UNC, for admitted
students for up to five years after graduation or date of last attendance at UNC.
Transcripts provided by applicants who were not admitted, denied admissions or did
not complete their application are destroyed after one (1) year. The Office of Admissions will make every attempt to use previously submitted transcripts if they are within
these timeframes. However, if the Office of Admissions cannot locate previously submitted transcripts, the transcripts fall outside the timeframes
listed above or they are considered illegible, applicants must provide new transcripts.
Applicants with academic credentials from outside the U.S. will need to follow the requirements for submission of foreign transcripts. Click on the Transcripts tab for information about international transcripts.
Step 3: Note About the GRE
This program does not require GRE scores.
Step 4: Supplemental Items
Log back into the Admissions Portal to submit the following:
- Personal Statement of future goals/interest in nursing education (two page maximum, 12 point font, one inch paper margins)
- Current Vita or Resume
- Copy of current, unencumbered RN license (verification printout or link required).
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the Graduate School and then sent to the faculty/program for an admission recommendation. The timing of the admission decision depends on each individual program’s deadline and review process.
International applicants (non-U.S. citizen/non-U.S. Permanent Resident) please refer to the International Admissions Requirements page for further information about submitting transcripts, English proficiency scores, passport copy and financial documentation.
For More Information
For more information about the admission process, please email the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or call 970-351-2881.